The Official NBA 2K11 Thread

MainEv3nt

http://i47.tinypic.com/8wfh3c.jpg

According to numerous rumors about some of the news thats been happening with NBA 2K11. Isomotion controls have been taken out of the game. In past games you could use dribble moves called “Isomotion” to pull off spins, cross overs, and practically anything else you see the pros do during the NBA season. 2K gamers use to have the ability to use the left stick along with the back triggers to execute these type of isomotion moves on demand. If not gamers had the option to switch the controls setup to Alternate B configuration, which would allow you to pull off a dribble move with the press of a button. All of this has been taken out of the game according to rumors that started circulating at the E3 gaming convention where people had got there first look at NBA 2K11. I am guessing dribble moves will be automatic now. For instance if your driving to the basket with the left stick and take a hard cut to the left your player will go behind the back automatically instead of taking an awkward 90 degree angle. So in other words i am guessing NBA 2K11 isomotion moves will just flow into the gameplay naturally now. This is just speculation though.

Look for multiplayer online gameplay to be taken serious in NBA 2K11. Last year was a horrible year for NBA 2K online ballers because of all the problems with the servers (including games not counting) confusing and limitless options, lack of features such a no lobbys or being able to view your opponents record. What i was most upset about was the inability to save your coach profiles, lineups, camera, plays, etc.. for multiplayer matches. That usually took 2 minutes of my life away setting those things up each time i played an online game! I played over 1,000 games this year online or in leagues so do the math… It’s crazy. What sounds promising is hearing the NBA 2K11 people say at E3 that multiplayer will be taken very seriously this year and that release day bugs (such as servers not even working) will not be an issue this year. NBA 2K11 should be ready to roll from day one.

source:nba-2k11.com

some news so far.

Edited by Epidemik

No more dribble moves? DUMB

No, no more isomation with the left stick. They are introducing new dribble controls that gives you more complete control over the move you want to do (i.e standard crossover, spin move, etc.).

No, no more isomation with the left stick. They are introducing new dribble controls that gives you more complete control over the move you want to do (i.e standard crossover, spin move, etc.).

I use the right stick to do dribble moves by switching my controls...

I use the right stick to do dribble moves by switching my controls...

Well the default controls map all dribbling moves to the left stick, so maybe the default controls in 2k11 will have it the way you have it right now. Who knows.

It'll be October too for Australia, but probably a couple days later like it usually is.

Thanks guys.

I kinda like it when we get the game after a couple of days because then I get to see what everyones opinions are on the game before I go out and buy it :lol: