NYK's Presentation to LeBron

The Knicks just finished pitching LeBron James. Their main selling point: You could make a billion dollars playing in New York. You can't earn anything close to that anywhere else.

Forbes SportsMoney

You can view the presentation in the link above.

Do the Knicks not know that the Nets are in this race for LeBron?

Not a smart move by the Knicks to avoid talking about or to overlook the Nets in my opinion. James isn't given a reason to not come to terms with Jersey.

How bout the fact like NJ is acting like a younger brother who just keeps trying 1 up the New York Knicks, I honestly think it makes the Nets look bad

oh yeah you forgot about this

http://www.wayfaring.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/madison-square-garden-1.jpg

Edited by Fish7718

How bout the fact like NJ is acting like a younger brother who just keeps trying 1 up the New York Knicks, I honestly think it makes the Nets look bad

oh yeah you forgot about this

http://www.wayfaring.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/madison-square-garden-1.jpg

They really aren't just trying to 1 up the Knicks...they ARE 1 upping the Knicks. They have been for years, and now they have a pair of the best owners in the league, a brand new beautiful arena in Newark, and an even better arena in 2 years in Brooklyn.

now they have a pair of the best owners in the league

First year of brand new owners, I could see how they would already be deemed the best.

a brand new beautiful arena in Newark

You can build me a mansion in Ethiopia, I still won't want to live there.

and an even better arena in 2 years in Brooklyn.

Your call as to whether he wants to wait two years.

Edited by Cotton Camby

5 years with a talented young Nets team > 5 years with the no talent Knicks

You read "from a pure financial standpoint", right? I mean, you quoted it... so I'm assuming you did.

I'm not disagreeing that the Nets are a better club.

First year of brand new owners, I could see how they would already be deemed the best.

Considering the decisions they've made so far and their visions of the future, I think it's fair to say the Nets have one of the best majority owner in the league. Where as so many owners are cutting corners to save money (ex. Hornets), or won't even go to a meeting with LeBron to present their franchise (ex. Clippers), Nets fans should be thrilled with this new regime. And even the last regime was solid, helping to bring the Nets to two Finals appearances and many successful seasons. Knicks haven't had a .500 record since when? 2001?

And honestly, it doesn't get much worse than Dolan, so if you want to flip this to be a Nets vs. Knicks thing, you just won't win.

You can build me a mansion in Ethiopia, I still won't want to live there.

Guess it's a good thing that LeBron doesn't have to live in Newark. He can live in NY or in one of the many upscale NJ towns that many athletes live in. The Prudential Center is a BIG step up from Quicken Loans, and Newark really isn't much of a downgrade from Cleveland. At all.

Your call as to whether he wants to wait two years.

His call, actually.

The beauty of the Nets is if they don't get LeBron, they still have a very young, talented squad with massive cap space. Only the Bulls and maybe Clippers have that.

Nitro, you need to chill the [expletive] out, dude.

James Dolan is the worst of the worst, I am not arguing that. Nets have a better core, I am also not arguing that.

The mansion reference was to the stadium, not where he'll live.

I don't agree with you, and I won't. Falling on deaf ears.

Nitro, you need to chill the [expletive] out, dude.

James Dolan is the worst of the worst, I am not arguing that. Nets have a better core, I am also not arguing that.

The mansion reference was to the stadium, not where he'll live.

I don't agree with you, and I won't. Falling on deaf ears.

Who cares where the stadium is? Its not like the goons in Newark are going to run into the stadium and rob the whole stadium.

He doesn't even have to step foot outside of the stadium in Newark. Your point is invalid.

My point is invalid in your eyes, sure. You're a Nets fan.

I lived in Newark. It is arguably the [expletive]tiest cuty in the world.

A lot of my friends go to school in Newark, I'm always up there.

I'm not going to argue with you that it's not a [expletive]ty city because it is.

But I just don't see why Lebron would care since the stadium isn't really in the "hood" of the city.

My point is invalid in your eyes, sure. You're a Nets fan.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-most-miserable-cities-2010

http://www.walletpop.com/specials/americas-worst-cities/

Good [expletive]ing joke dude, making such a claim without visiting every city in the world is invalid as [expletive].

Whatever yo, it's 4th weekend, I love y'all, good luck to the neighbor Nets in FA, sorry for my words Nitro, I love you to. Fellow RU guru gets props as well. All of y'all have a good time tonight and tomorrow, I'll drink somethin for OTR.

Love for everyone except HHH. He can still drink paint.

I live 10min from Newark and have my entire life. I've had to go to the worst areas of the city for...well, you know. Since the Prudential Center was built that area of downtown is fine and very secure. Honestly the worst parts of Newark are some of the neighborhoods outside of downtown, that's where there is very little law enforcement and a whole lotta criminal activity. Unless LeBron was looking for crack he wouldn't have to go anywhere near the bad areas of Newark.

Whatever yo, it's 4th weekend, I love y'all, good luck to the neighbor Nets in FA, sorry for my words Nitro, I love you to. Fellow RU guru gets props as well. All of y'all have a good time tonight and tomorrow, I'll drink somethin for OTR.

Love for everyone except HHH. He can still drink paint.

You just seem mad that you lost the argument, anyways happy fourth.

If LBJ goes to New York, the practice facilities are what, two hours from where he'll be? In Cleveland, not only are the practice facilities the nicest in the league, but they are much closer. Also if LBJ goes to NYC/NJ, he'll have to live like 30 min to an hour from the city. In Akron, LeBron goes to random places in public and is never bothered. In New York, everywhere he goes the press would attack him and he wouldn't have the feeling of serene privacy that he does here.

If LBJ goes to New York, the practice facilities are what, two hours from where he'll be? In Cleveland, not only are the practice facilities the nicest in the league, but they are much closer. Also if LBJ goes to NYC/NJ, he'll have to live like 30 min to an hour from the city. In Akron, LeBron goes to random places in public and is never bothered. In New York, everywhere he goes the press would attack him and he wouldn't have the feeling of serene privacy that he does here.

Yep. Same atmosphere here in Miami in terms of being able to go out and not get raped by the press. Wade can go wherever he wants on the beach or downtown and never gets hassled at all.

I even think Lebron will stay in Cleveland but please let's not compare cities...CLE is a [expletive] hole.