Update: Fisher re-signs with LA (pg. 3)

If Fish leaves who do you think are some good replacements Sky? Do you think a Steve Blake/Keyon Dooling backcourt would work out? They are certainly an upgrade over Fisher/Farmar skill wise.

I really won't miss Fish too much if he leaves, but one thing he brings to the table cannot be replaced, and that is leadership. In the end I think he'll be back, but it'll take some time.

Edited by Artesticle

Free-agent guard Derek Fisher(notes) spent some time considering an offer to join Dwyane Wade(notes), LeBron James(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) with the Miami Heat, but Yahoo! Sports' Marc J. Spears reports that Fisher is going to remain with the Los Angeles Lakers, where he's spent all but three of his 13 seasons in the league.

Spears reports that Fisher got a $2.5 million offer from L.A. He had been wanting a two-year offer that would make him around what he got last year: $5 million annually.

Due to the Heat's recent overstuffing of the salary, they would only be able to give Fisher the veteran's minimum. Looks like he's not willing to give up the dough to go play with Bosh, James and Wade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Derek-Fisher-saying-no-to-Heat?urn=nba,255331

Lol, you were just saying how you wanted them to get Fisher so every point guard can destroy him.

I didnt "want" them to get him. I was hoping he would reject them though, and show some Laker pride. He aint gotta be like LBJ and leave the city that loves him. Even if he is a poor defender.

A lot of Laker fans don't like Fish very much.

Not true. People notice the clutch shots and how hes a leader, hes definitely very loved in LA. Its fans on here and laker boards that dont really like his defense, but even then they still respect what hes done for the org.