LeBron/Wade Agreed To Paycut, Bosh Didn't

Jammin

According to Stephen A. Smith's website, both LeBron and Wade agreed to take on a pay cut if it meant playing with the trio of Bosh/Wade/LeBron but Bosh wouldn't accept anything..

All along, Pat Riley’s plan as President of the Heat was to convince Wade to take a paycut and offer all three (Wade, LeBron and Bosh) deals averaging approximately $15.7 mil….with opt-outs after three years. But since Bosh wants the max at all cost (and he’s trying to get it in a sign-and-trade deal with Houston), it changed the game for everyone. Especially Miami and New York.

http://stephena.com/?p=953

Wow...

• Owner

Not really sure if I believe this...because it wasn't just a week or two ago, Steven A. Smith told everyone that the deal was already in place, that the three had already agreed. He said his source (who hasn't given him bad info in 15 years) confirmed it.

So this seems like he's pointing at someone to blame, saying, "Hey, I was right...but Bosh backed out of it."

I don't know.

• Owner

Not saying you didn't, but did you read the whole article? It mentions that it WAS in place, but Bosh seemed to think he deserved max, when everyone else takes a paycut.

No, I know...that's my point. He has been telling everyone it was already done, just needing to wait until the 8th.

Maybe he got word that there was really no chance of it happening to begin with, and so he did the most logical thing: made something up to cover his own ass.

I knew Bosh would do this, he is obsessed with getting as much money as he can because he is not popular enough to get endorsements off the court. If thats true then Bosh should be smacked across the face.

Edited by SRV

I knew Bosh would do this, he is obsessed with getting as much money as he can because he is not popular enough to get endorsements off the court. If thats true then Bosh should be smacked across the face.

See I don't believe that popularity thing. He was HUGE in Canada, and we had one team, which is farrrrr opn one coast. If he played for a bigger-market team like Chicago, Denver, even Phoenix, he would be a huge name with American people. How many Raptors vs. Any team but the Heat games have you seen? Because the Raptors barely get exposure in their own country, so it's 100% unlikely that they wouldn't get any recognition in the States.

When he plays in the US for a couple years, he'll be just as big of a name as some other top players.

People need to chill out. You shouldn't dislike or get mad at an athlete because they are trying to MAXIMIZE their potential earnings, even if they would be making millions either way. It's a business decision.

Agreed. The only thing that might rub people the wrong way is that he's being a bit of an attention whore about it with his Twitter and all that. I respect LeBron for how he's handled this whole process. Much better than both Wade and Bosh.