Who will emerge as the leader?

• Owner

Assuming Bosh doesn't re-sign with Toronto, and this is if he walks, who would you say will emerge as the leader of this team? Not so much team captain (because that usually goes to veterans, and they don't necessarily have to do much on the floor), but as far as being the primary option and dragging the team into the playoffs (aim high!), who do you think it will be?

According to someone's Twitter, it's DeRozan. ;)

Jack was arguably the leader last season, and if he is still on the team at the start of next season he will definitely assume even more of a leadership role than what he had this past season. I don't think there is any question that Jack will be the leader of the team next year

Bargnani is going to be the number one option and best player on the team, but he is not really a leader. He doesn't have the personality of a leader at all and is the kind of player who just likes to have the attention on others so that he can do his thing with minimal expectations of him. With Bosh gone he will be the best player on the team next season, so it is going to be interesting to see how he adjusts his game and how he reacts.

DeRozan is still too raw and young. Unless he does a complete 180 personality wise, he won't be ready for a leadership role next season. This past year he was really complacent and defered to everybody so much. I think he will improve in this regard as he will have a full year of experience in the NBA and will have an increased role on the team, but he isn't ready to assume the leadership role just yet.

Turkoglu is the wild card in this scenario though. If he comes into camp motivated, in shape and ready to work, it will basically become him and Jack's team in terms of who call the shots. He has the experience that will be very valuable to the rest of the team considering how young they will be and I think his teammates won't care all that much about last season if he works hard this year. If he doesn't work though, I can see his teammates shutting everything that he says out.

So to answer the question, Jack will be the leader (possibly Hedo as well), Bargnani will be their best player (shoot me now!) and DeRozan will be groomed as the future leader.

• Like 1