Who Will Crack First?

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is pretty clear what is going on with Bryan Colangelo and Chris Bosh right now. Colangelo wants to trade Bosh to Cleveland, Houston or Chicago if he is able to get Noah but Bosh doesn't want to go to Cleveland and wants to be traded to a big market to play with LeBron/Wade. Bosh wants a sign and trade to New Jersey, Miami or Chicago but Colangelo is unimpressed with what these teams are offering for Bosh.

So it begs the question, who will crack first? Will Colangelo cave into Bosh's demands of a trade to Chicago or Miami despite not liking the return he is getting? Or will Bosh cave and agree to go to Cleveland or Houston despite wanting to play in a larger market?

• Owner

Bosh. I think all of that stuff about him being the #1 on a contender is just talk. Someone will get in his ear and tell him how much easier it will be to win a chip with Wade or LeBron, and Bosh will listen.

Thing is, I think there's a lot of misleading information out there. Bosh doesn't necessarily need a sign-and-trade to Jersey, Chicago OR Miami...and some aren't thinking about just how important that is. It gives Bosh leverage.

Now, if Bosh wants Houston, it's going to be different, of course. At that point, he really has to rely on Colangelo.

Thing is, I think there's a lot of misleading information out there. Bosh doesn't necessarily need a sign-and-trade to Jersey, Chicago OR Miami...and some aren't thinking about just how important that is. It gives Bosh leverage.

You are right, he doesn't need a sign and trade to any of those teams, but it sounds like he absolutely wants that extra year and $30M or so. He isn't going to sniff a max contract again during his career unlike LeBron, and he isn't nearly as marketable as Wade (or LeBron) so that $30M seems to be an absolute necessity for him.

Factor in the question mark about his knees (those braces seem to get bigger and bigger every season and he always seems to miss about 10 games a year due to a knee injury) and it makes that extra insurance even more criticial for him.

You are right when saying that he doesn't need the S&T to go to any of those teams, but from everything that has been said, reported, speculated and, of course, tweeted, it seems like Bosh is just as concerned about that extra year and $30M than he is about anything else.

It is like one big game of chicken between Bosh and Henry Thomas and the Raptors and Colangelo. The latest is that Bosh is "apperantly" might just go ahead and sign a 5 year deal and not be concerned with getting the 6 year max:

Contrary to broadcast reports, the Raptors have not summarily dismissed overtures from the Heat. Toronto has at least seven sign-and-trade offers from various suitors. While one of them is from James' Cavaliers, Cleveland is not necessarily a prime landing spot on Bosh's wish list.

There also was word late Tuesday night that Bosh just might prove amenable to a straight five-year, $96 million signing with the Heat.

In South Florida, A Bosh-Wade pairing would leave the Heat in excess of an additional $10 million in salary-cap space, unless Toronto also requires the Heat to take back additional salary in such a trade

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s070610,0,5673066.story

If you ask me, this is just Bosh and Thomas trying to get more leverage on their side. Up until now there hasn't been any sort of threat that Bosh will simply sign outright somewhere else, but now they are trying to plant a seed of doubt in the back of Colangelo's mind to make him jump and agree to S&T him to Miami with Beasley coming back to open up more cap space for the Heat.

If I'm Colangelo, I don't budge. Bosh has talked about signing the 6 year max for the past year and now with one day to go before they can officially sign, he is suddenly ok with leaving that extra year and $30M on the table? I don't buy it.

It is fairly obvious that it has basically come down to Miami for Bosh, which is what I had expected for a while now. The question now is who will cave first, Bosh or Colangelo? I don't think that Bosh would actually sign a 5 year deal so I think Colangelo needs to play hard ball.

Guest STL10

I think Bosh caves and goes to the Cavs with LeBron.

Then, Wade goes to Chicago to be with his kids.

Then, Pat Riley finds a gun under his bed... :(

Edited by STL10