Warriors Lee come to terms -- await Knicks

The Warriors and free-agent power forward David Lee have agreed to contract worth about $80 million over six years, according to team sources.

The deal paves the way for a sign-and-trade with the New York Knicks. Golden State would send forward Anthony Randolph, center Ronny Turiaf and swingman Kelenna Azubuike to New York in exchange for Lee.

The deal is still not official. Lee would have to sign the deal as a Knick then get traded to the Warriors. Sources said that won't happen until the Knicks know for sure that LeBron James is not going to New York. Signing Lee would eat up the salary cap space the Knicks have reserved for James.

The possibility also exists that another team, such as Minnesota, could up its trade offer to the Knicks, ending the Warriors' proposed sign-and-trade deal with New York. Also, a team like New Jersey could still come in and offer Lee more than the Warriors and steal Lee away.

Source

• Owner

That's really a good deal for both teams. Lee would fit in well with Golden State, and the Knicks get two bigs and a perimeter player, instead of losing Lee for absolutely nothing in return.

That's really a good deal for both teams. Lee would fit in well with Golden State, and the Knicks get two bigs and a perimeter player, instead of losing Lee for absolutely nothing in return.

Agreed, def wouldn't mind the Knicks doing this Keleena would fit well into our system too

Guest STL10

Yeah, one of my all time favorite Laker. I miss the dude and hopefully he can come back next summer to the Lakers.

Sasha for Ronny? Do it, Mitch.

I think the Knicks might trade Turiaf for Josh Powell and Sasha.

Don't the Warriors already have Biedrins as well? The dude was a monster 2 years or so ago. I don't think they can co-exist personally but Warriors fans might be able to tell me otherwise.

Don't the Warriors already have Biedrins as well? The dude was a monster 2 years or so ago. I don't think they can co-exist personally but Warriors fans might be able to tell me otherwise.

They are both the two best rebounders in the league besides Dwight Howard. I think they will work well together. Biedrins doesn't even have plays set for him on offense and from what I've seen, Lee has a jumper and is working on it so Nellie will love him.