anyone know much about jailbreaking/unlocking the iphone 3gs?

reno

Well I just got a free iphone 3gs updated to 4.0 software, and would like to unlock it to get it to work with tmobile. Been reading up on it, but still a little confused on the whole procedure. Anyone familiar with unlocking phones or know a good site about it?

You can jailbreak and unlock the iOS 4, it's been official since like 5 days after the iOS 4 came out. I've unlocked my iPhone multiple times, but it was 2G and on 3.1.

Here's a couple guides, this is the site I used when I was doing it all..

Jailbreak first...

http://modmyi.com/guides/?p=3299

Then Unlock...

http://modmyi.com/guides/?p=3251

They're really easy, step by step guides so it's not hard at all.

• 5 months later...

I know this is almost a year old but i didnt want make a new one about this... Can you still jailbreak with 4.2? i know you can iwth 4.1 but i hear it not out with the preferably 4.2?

If you have the iPhone 4 there is no untethered jailbreak yet. Which means every time you boot you need to connect to your PC/Mac.

If you have iPhone 3gs or 3g all is well. Look up redsn0w on google for the latest jailbreak.

I just teethered my iphone4. I installed this program call installous its sweet. You can get these stuff from itunes that costs bascially for free. I have over 500 app on my phone now.. My boy jailbreaked 3 ipods already and he gonna hook me up with a cd of 1000 apps so i can transfer them to my itunes.