Cavs sign Kyle Lowry to offer sheet

Cavs sign Rockets restricted free agent guard Kyle Lowry to a four-year offer sheet worth around $24 million, league source told Y! Sports. SpearsNBAYahoo

Wow that is a steep price but not surprised with the way the market has been. I expect Houston to match.

Four years, $24 million? Why would you guys want the Rockets to match that? Lowry isn't worth it.

Yes he is, hes the perfect backup behind Brooks.

Lowry draws fouls, plays good D, good rebounder, very good at creating. He might not have a good 3 point shot but he does a good job of drawing fouls and shooting mid range which I like.

Four years, $24 million? :blink:

I really don't think we should match that, for 6 million a year we can go for someone a lot better, if not the same for less. Yes he is a great backup but he is a back up after all paying him four years, $24 million would be just be to much money.

24 million for 4 years is pretty steep but he will be our 6th man. For a guy that averages about 10 ppg and 5 apg off the bench I would say its worth it.

Well if your starting line up is

PG: Brooks

SG: Martin

SF: Ariza

PF: Scola

C: Yao

wouldnt battier be your 6th man because brooks takes up a lot of minutes at the 1?

Well if your starting line up is

PG: Brooks

SG: Martin

SF: Ariza

PF: Scola

C: Yao

wouldnt battier be your 6th man because brooks takes up a lot of minutes at the 1?

Brooks play about 35 minutes. Lowry gets the rest and plays the 2 for about 10 mins.

• Owner

Yes he is, hes the perfect backup behind Brooks.

Lowry draws fouls, plays good D, good rebounder, very good at creating. He might not have a good 3 point shot but he does a good job of drawing fouls and shooting mid range which I like.

I never said he wasn't worth keeping, but he's not worth OVER the MLE every season. That $24 million is about $8 million too much.

• Owner

Lowry is the leader and glue to our second unit, I'd that he is definitely worth keeping. Besides if we let Lowry walk, who backs up Brooks?

Not sure, but you have pieces to trade. Felton just found his way to New York for $7 million a year. He was there. Houston could've given him that 4 years, MLE and he would've probably considered, at least. If he wanted more, sign and trade.

Just one person, though. It's just too much for Lowry.

Not sure, but you have pieces to trade. Felton just found his way to New York for $7 million a year. He was there. Houston could've given him that 4 years, MLE and he would've probably considered, at least. If he wanted more, sign and trade.

Just one person, though. It's just too much for Lowry.

Exactly what I think.

Rockets will match!!

Congratulations to Kyle Lowry on signing his new deal. We plan to match the agreement and we are excited he will be returning to the Rockets