Nuggets Sign Al Harrington

Jammin

This could be either brilliant or fail signing. Right now I'm considering towards the latter.

The reason why Al put huge number was he was in a free flowing system in D'Antoni's offense. He needs the ball in his hands, a lot, to score his 18 ppg. He's almost as blackhole as Corey Maggette is so our ball movement is not gonna be good. And, we need someone who can rebound, a legit center size to patron the paint and make it tough for opposing penetrators. Some legit big who plays positional defense. At $7 mil for the next 5 years... he's hardly a bargain and this also means we exhausted essentially all the funds this summer to add significant quality players.

The bright side is Harrington can score inside/ outside. We need some inside scoring and outside scoring if it means drawing his defender out of the paint.

Imo, this is a desperate move done by the Nuggets to let Melo know they're doing everything they can to improve the roster around him... so he'd be convinced to sign the extension and not leave next summer. Harrington is the biggest FA name left... and it's only logical for us to sign him to get Melo's approval, not necessarily based on our "need" or evaluation that his addition improves the team.

Edited by Snake

Honestly, Al Harrington is million dollar talent, with a 10 dollar head. He can score from anywhere on the court, BUT HE'S NOT A SHOOTER. He thinks he's a shooter, but he's not. Especially with the game on the line, the dude will toss up a god awful 3 which will just make you shake your head. He's a decent defender, more than i'd like to give him credit for, and he's an excellent offensive talent. The only thing is I would not let him play in the last 5 minutes of the game. He thinks he's some type of star shooter who can take over at the end and he ends up costing you the game. I'll never forget him hanging on the rim within like the last 30 seconds and getting a tech vs the Clippers...TWICE, YES TWICE, AGAINST THE SAME TEAM. Like I said in the beginning of the post million dollar talent, a cement block for a brain. Great guy to have on your team, just don't let him touch it at the end.

Edited by Fish7718

I am not a fan of this signing as of right now. How would his ego and JR Smith's ego work together. Both immature and both think they can be the man, as what Fish said about Harrington. When those two are on the count, it would be a contest on how many 3s they can both put up.

Honestly, Al Harrington is million dollar talent, with a 10 dollar head. He can score from anywhere on the court, BUT HE'S NOT A SHOOTER. He thinks he's a shooter, but he's not. Especially with the game on the line, the dude will toss up a god awful 3 which will just make you shake your head. He's a decent defender, more than i'd like to give him credit for, and he's an excellent offensive talent. The only thing is I would not let him play in the last 5 minutes of the game. He thinks he's some type of star shooter who can take over at the end and he ends up costing you the game. I'll never forget him hanging on the rim within like the last 30 seconds and getting a tech vs the Clippers...TWICE, YES TWICE, AGAINST THE SAME TEAM. Like I said in the beginning of the post million dollar talent, a cement block for a brain. Great guy to have on your team, just don't let him touch it at the end.

I can't help but lol

Well hopefully he gets his head on right...

Not a fan of the length of the contract (entering his 13th season), but he's a good signing. He'll give the Nuggets another scorer who can create his own shot as well as finish off plays. He's a solid rebounder and defender as well. He doesn't have the highest bball IQ in the world, but as a 3rd or 4th option he'll be terrific just like when he was the 6th man on a Pacers team that had the best record in the NBA.