World Cup final reels in a multitude of viewers

YugoRocketsFan

Well, here's some information the soccer haters aren't going to like — Sunday's World Cup final was the most-watched soccer match in U.S. television history.

And, try as they might, it won't be easy for the soccer haters to minimize the numbers. Check out this little comparison:

•  The 2010 NBA Finals averaged 18 million viewers.

•  The 2009 World series averaged 19.4 million viewers.

•  The 2010 World Cup final drew 24.3 million viewers.

That's startling even to soccer lovers. And, no doubt, astounding to soccer haters.

The 24.3 million figure is the average number watching at any one time during the telecast. The Nielsen Co. estimates a total of 111.6 million viewers watched at least part of the match.

What makes this all the more amazing is that there was no hint of homer-ism to this. Team USA had been eliminated two weeks earlier.

As a matter of fact, Spain's 1-0 win over the Netherlands drew 4.9 million more American viewers than the U.S.-Ghana game — which had previously held the record as the most-watched soccer match in U.S. TV history.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700048601/World-Cup-viewed-my-multitudes.html

Oh snap

True but comparing it to a series of sports isn't fair at all, compare it to nba finals game 7, superbowl, bcs national championship, mens basketball national championship, soccer still has a long way to go, but perhaps there is a future for soccer in America.

True but comparing it to a series of sports isn't fair at all, compare it to nba finals game 7, superbowl, bcs national championship, mens basketball national championship, soccer still has a long way to go, but perhaps there is a future for soccer in America.

They are using the average so i'd say its pretty fair.

thats pretty whack buddy. but i do love the sig haha

its pretty serious actually, bush was considered a member of the reptilian race. They say there has been lots of interbreeding within our country, who knows how many are living among us, and im guessing this increase of world final cup is related to it. The ultimate goal is a one world government, soccer is the worlds most popular sport, but in america. The goal is to make soccer seem more appealing and growing in numbers in the states to make the push to a one world government that much easier.

its pretty serious actually, bush was considered a member of the reptilian race. They say there has been lots of interbreeding within our country, who knows how many are living among us, and im guessing this increase of world final cup is related to it. The ultimate goal is a one world government, soccer is the worlds most popular sport, but in america. The goal is to make soccer seem more appealing and growing in numbers in the states to make the push to a one world government that much easier.

thats the biggest load of bs i have ever read in my lifetime