Star Wars prequels

Lkr

OK, so I have watched those humorous reviews on YouTube, and I thought I should rewatch the prequels. I watched them once, thought they were horrid, and never revisited them. To me, these movies simply did not exist. Lucas had raped my childhood(which he did again with the new Indiana Jones). To be quite honest though, I found a new found appreciation for the prequels when I rewatched them.

The Phantom Menace:

Seriously, I feel weird about this. For some reason I found it to be very enjoyable this time around. There is some [expletive]ty acting in it, but all of the Star Wars films contain [expletive]ty acting. Episode I might have the worst(or maybe II or III, it is a toss up), but that doesn't make it a horrible movie to me. The foreshadowing in this film also intrigues me. Of course I didn't notice it 11 years ago because I wasn't sure how the prequels would play out, but damn. Anakin's fear really did lead to his downfall. It is said in the first movie that fear leads to the dark side, and it ended up doing so. Palpatine's foreshadowing is also really good. The podracing is a fun scene although it really just is filler. It is interesting to see how [expletive]ty of a life Obi Wan really had. He saw his master die with nothing he could do about it and then had his padawan turn on him to become the most evil being in the universe. Really enjoyable movie, and I despised it up until the other day. It is also interesting to ponder how Anakin might have turned out if Qui Gon had survived. Qui Gon seemed like someone that would comfort him more when he was having emotional problems.

Attack of the Clones:

The first 20 minutes are HORRIBLE. After the first 20 mins or so it turns into a decent love flick. The reviewer on those Star Wars reviews says it is hard to get attached to those characters, but I disagree. I could feel Anakin's pain at times. It is also interesting to watch how Anakin's ability to love leads to his downfall. For some reason I believe that Qui Gon would have been a much better master and would have been much more like a big brother that was there to comfort him when he had his issues. Anakin didn't feel like Obi Wan was trustworthy, and I can't blame him, because he could come off as a dick at times to Anakin. He also openly stated his dislike for him in TPM. I think Obi Wan learned his lessons from training Anakin and realized he had to be a lot kinder with Luke. The relationship differences between Anakin/Obi Wan and Luke/Obi Wan is astounding.

I have not yet watched Revenge of the Sith, but I will post when I do.

To be quite honest, the prequels are not horrible. They are not much worse than the original trilogy. Like all things from our childhood, we put them at such a high level that nothing can attain. If I asked you what your favorite video game series was, you would probably enjoy a game from the series that was released when you were a kid rather than a recent iteration.

I also love seeing some of the small details I missed in the prequels. I didn't enjoy them at the time I saw them, but going back, there are so many small details I missed. For example, I forgot all about the seen where Anakin meets his stepfamily. I found it amusing for some reason that he went to Luke's future home and met Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. I also believe that Beru poured him a glass of blue milk.

We can all hate on Lucas for some of the bigger pieces of [expletive] he has done, for example the latest Indiana Jones movie. The Star Wars prequels overall are better than most movie series in the past decade.

I honestly liked all three. I am not a massive Star Wars fan where I criticize everything, but I knew the history behind everything, and as a movie, they kept me entertained. They were very enjoyable to watch, maybe not for big fans of the franchise, but I like them. Not to mention I had a thing for Natalie Portman when they were released lol

Edited by SRV

Yeah I like the prequels too.

Although I only like Ep 2 for the final fight scenes with Anakin/Obi Wan/Yoda/Dooku.

I remember being legit pissed when Mace Windu died in 3. :lol: Dude was like the only black Jedi and was a straight beast too...but the Emperor just owns him like it's nothing.

Yeah I like the prequels too.

Although I only like Ep 2 for the final fight scenes with Anakin/Obi Wan/Yoda/Dooku.

Overall the last hour of episode 2 was damn good, never got why everyone hated it.

I remember being legit pissed when Mace Windu died in 3. :lol: Dude was like the only black Jedi and was a straight beast too...but the Emperor just owns him like it's nothing.

Mace Windu was like one of the worst miscasts ever but I actually liked him.

And the Emperor doesn't kill him, Anakin does...well he cuts off his hands at least.

Overall the last hour of episode 2 was damn good, never got why everyone hated it.

Mace Windu was like one of the worst miscasts ever but I actually liked him.

And the Emperor doesn't kill him, Anakin does...well he cuts off his hands at least.

Man you don't understand I was just hyped seeing a black Jedi in Star Wars. :lol:

Emperor only finished him off..so you're right in that aspect.

I think the ESB or ROTJ duel beats it, but it's definitely better than any of the prequel duels.

Wait seriously? All those duels sucked. No choreography whatsoever.

All prequel duels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> original

Wait seriously? All those duels sucked. No choreography whatsoever.

All prequel duels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> original

Joke post?

The choreography doesn't make the duel any good. A lightsaber duel was supposed to be a battle of wits, something none of the prequel duels have. The only prequel duels with ANY emotion are Kenobi vs Vader and Yoda vs Palpatine(ehhh). Everything else is irrelevant. The duels in the original trilogy have so much more to them. The lightsabers were turned into a joke in the prequels with some long and boring duels. All of the duels in the original saga(Kenobi vs Vader, Luke vs Vader, Luke vs Vader 2) had so much emotion to them.