Possible package for CP3?

bigdog17k

Nelson/Carter/Gortat for CP3? They are looking for a solid big, and now that we drafted Orton I could see us cutting ties with Gortat if it landed us Paul. Another thing I saw on BleacherReport:

Here's a trade scenario that could work:

3-way deal involving Orlando, New Orleans, and Philadelphia

Orlando sends Vince Carter and Marcin Gortat to New Orleans, sends Jameer Nelson to Philadelphia.

New Orleans sends Chris Paul to Orlando and Emeka Okafor to Philadelphia

Philadelphia sends Andre Iguodala to Orlando and Jason Kapono to New Orleans.

This would result in NO effectively getting a starting center, a veteran shooting guard to help with the development of Thornton and a versatile shooter to complement Collison, as well as ridding salary commitments to Okafor.

Philadelphia would receive a much needed PG and a decent center to put Brand back in his natural PF position.

The benefits to Orlando are obvious.

A 3 way trade scenario is highly possible too. New Orleans could get Gortat and Iggy. Would be very solid for all teams, not to mention Nelson could play for his hometown team.

Thats ultra gayness...Cp3 and Dwight would be nasty.

just like a certain 3 people?

but i dont see why Philly would want to do this when they are developing jrue holiday at the point guard position. They would loose their franchise player and gain a pointguard that would stunt their young talent's growth.

That deal sending CP3 AND Iggy to Orlando is a pipe dream IMO, haha. That would be sick, but nah, sounds unrealistic.

The likely scenario seems like it might be

Jameer/Carter/Gortat

for

Paul/Okafor

Though didn't New Orleans want to sign Bass before the start of last season? Maybe they would want him instead of Gortat. Doubt it though, if they're sending Okafor, they'll need a center.

Do we have the most to offer out of LA, NY, and us? I think we might.

NY can offer young talent, I don't see why NO would be interested in Jameer Nelson when have Darren Collison, or why they would be interested in being locked into that huge Gortat contract, when they can just keep Okafor. Terrible deal for NO IMO.

NY can offer - Chandler + Gallo/Randolph + Curry expiring

NY can offer young talent, I don't see why NO would be interested in Jameer Nelson when have Darren Collison, or why they would be interested in being locked into that huge Gortat contract, when they can just keep Okafor. Terrible deal for NO IMO.

I think he wants to play with Dwight though. Now I'm sure it's not really his decision in the end seeing as NO has to be the one to agree to a deal.

Jameer could be a valuable sixth man, one of the best shooting PG's in the league. And the Gortat contract isn't huge, the Okafor contract is huge, that's why they want to include him with CP3 in a deal. They could get around the same production from Gortat for a lot cheaper than Okafor. And Vince's expiring is bigger than Curry's, plus VC can still ball, give them 17/4/3.

Chandler, Gallo, and Randolph are pretty nice pieces though. I don't know, Orlando still seems to have more to offer IMO.

• Like 1