Hawks Trade Rights To Andersen To Rockets

Cobb

Source: Hawks BasketBlog

Some news on the Hawks front - after re-signing Mike Bibby and Zaza Pachulia yesterday to new contracts, the team today traded the rights to Australian big man David Andersen (Atlanta's 2nd round pick in 2002) to Houston for a future second and cash considerations.

Hawks GM Rick Sund had this to say about the move: “It’s unlikely David was going to play for us, so this deal gives us the opportunity to re-capture the second round draft choice that the organization used on him in 2002, plus cash considerations. It also allows David the chance to come over and play in the NBA.”

Yay! He was given a chance but never really took it. I'm glad we moved him for some value.

I was hoping we would bring him in but sadly that didn't happen. While I don't think that we made a good decision by trading him for a second round pick, I am happy to see that we finally dealt with him. Not to be mean or anything, but I hope he turns out to be a bust in Houston.