DeMar DeRozan Most Impressive Non-Rookie In Summer League

DeRozan was one of the best players in this year's summer league, averaging 21 points (including 3 straight 20+ point games). And it should’ve been more had he converted on more than 63% of his free throws. DeRozan is a scorer in every sense of the word, showing his outside touch, ability to attack the basket, get to the line as well as finish in traffic. He also took care of the ball, committing just 4 turnovers in 4 games. Out of all the 2009 draftee's, DeRozan was the most impressive this week and with Chris Bosh now gone, will be relied upon to contribute at least 15 points a game for Toronto this season. Judging by his performances over the summer, he looks ready for the responsibility.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-summer-league-top-10-non-rookies

Call me a homer, but I think you can make a very legitimate case that DeRozan was the best player in the Summer League this past season. I know that Wall had better numbers than him at first glance, but DeRozan's efficiency was remarkable (58 FG%, 60 something TS%, 1 turnover and almost a point per minute player). I know it is only Summer League and it is hardly a tell-tale sign of future greatness (Quincy Douby lit the SL up for the Raptors last year), but you can't help to come away with a positive outlook on DeRozan's future considering how much more comfortable he looked on the floor, particularly with the ball in his hands.

Sonny Weems was also on the list at 7.

Weems would’ve been personally pleased the Matt Barnes deal fell through as it improves his chances to be the starting small forward for the Raptors.Weems has the size, skills and athleticism to be an effective wing in the NBA. His combination with DeRozan was potent all week and he is more than capable of being a double figure scorer for Toronto this season

I loved the energy the two had on the court during summer league. I'm also loving the effort that Demar is doing to try to improve his game. He shot really very from 3 which was something he really needed to work on. Hopefully he will be able to transfer this new game of his to the regular season. I am hoping for at least 15 ppg from him.

I think it is pretty obvious he was the most dominant.... obviously him dominating that doesn't mean it will translate to the NBA, but the difference from last year to this year is pretty crazy, just his comfort handling the ball, his jumper and overall game just looked much more polished. You have to feel comfortable knowing that your 20 year old player demolished the summer league, if he struggled in the SL I would have been pretty concerned.

As long as he keeps hitting the gym every day, and working on his game, we got ourselves a keeper.