are the bulls for real?

I think so. I don't think they'll make the Finals, but they are going to be a VERY tough out in the playoffs. They have upgraded the talent on their roster immensely, and filled all of the holes they had last season. If they sign T-Mac and he somehow returns to 50-75% of what he was in 2007-2008, they could be even more dangerous. I'm excited to see how it all comes together.

Best case scenario they are the 2nd best team in the East. Worst case scenario they will at least get homecourt advantage and advance to the semi's.

Iunno, it all obviously comes down to T-Mac. He is still really skilled, but without his athleticism and quickness his game will, and clearly has begun to, suffer. He can still find ways to be effective though, he is still a really good ball handler at the 2/3 position, a streaky shooter but still a threat from the mid range. It will just be hard for him to be effective since I don't see many players that the Bulls have that really compliment his current skill set. Deng and T-Mac on the floor, they have literally no one who can consistently hit a shot from downtown consistently.

If they are going to be a threat to the Heat, Rose's supposedly new found 3 point touch better be legit, I mean close to 36% - 38%, and T-Mac will need to be a borderline all-star, or at least a capable starter for them.

I figure they will hover around 52 wins or so, they won 40 last year and adding Boozer should add around 7-12 to their total, combined with adding an actual shooter in Korver to their roster. If T-Mac manages to find a way to be effective, I certainly have my doubts, then that is an added bonus.

I think we can definitely be considered to be in the top 4 of the East. It depends really on how well the newcomers blend in and whether we get T-Mac or not as don't forget, he was a legit all-star a few years back.