Raptors Still Interested In Bobby Brown

Cal State Fullerton alumnus Bobby Brown continues to draw interest from the Raptors, who had Brown in summer league and are believed to be the team most likely to sign him for next season.

Brown not only played well in Las Vegas but has a special bond with a few California-reared Raptors (DeMar DeRozan and Amir Johnson) to enhance his chances. The Raptors, though, still have two point guards on the roster that they’ve unsuccessfully tried to move: Jose Calderon and Marcus Banks.

Latest buzz: Shaq, T-Mac, more - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

I thought he played pretty well for the Raptors during the Summer League and he is talented enough to play in the NBA (as a third string scoring point guard), but unless the Raptors are able to move Calderon and Banks, he would be completely redundant on the roster.

I like the chemistry that he has with the rest of the Raptors young players and he showed it during the SL. DeRozan and Brown have been playing pick up ball in LA with each other for a while now and Weems and him seemed to play well with each other during the SL too (as well as the connection to Amir Johnson as well).

When you are filling out the roster with end of the bench players, it only makes sense to get players that have good relations with other members on the team and who wants to be on the team, and Brown does both of these things.

However, unless the Raptors move Calderon and Banks, there is simply no room on the roster for him considering the fact that they are already over the league maximum of 15 players as it currently stands (I think at least, they might be at exactly 15).