Bosh Claims Decision To Leave Toronto Came Late

After being called a quitter by Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo, Chris Bosh says he always played hard for Toronto.

Bosh, who left for the Heat earlier this month, responded to allegations made by Colangelo on Toronto radio station FAN 590 that claimed the All-Star was "checked out" late last season and chose not to play some of the Raptors' final games.

"I play this game as hard as I can every time I step on the court," Bosh said. "On the back of my jersey it says 'Bosh' ... The Boshes are hard workers. We have a lot of pride in what we do, in our jobs and in life."

He also claimed his decision to leave Toronto came at the end of a long process and was not something he had committed to before the offseason.

"Everybody thinks, 'Oh, he was gone as soon as the season was over,' " he said. "It was the hardest decision I ever had to make. As different as another country is, it was still home for me. I had been there for seven years.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68439/20100730/bosh_claims_decision_to_leave_toronto_came_late/

I don't agree with the notion that he quit on the Raptors post All-Star break (although his play did slip up a bit, but he has always started the season strong and slipped up a bit post All-Star break), but I can't help but laugh at the comment about how leaving Toronto was one that he made after a long process.

After hearing how Bosh and Henry Thomas had very little contact with Colangelo (assuming what Colangelo said at the beginning of the free agency process was in fact true, which I don't see why it wouldn't be), it sure makes it seem like Bosh had no intention of staying with the team. Even his teammates basically conceded the fact that Bosh was as good as gone once free agency hit, including Jarrett Jack who has had a long term friendship with Bosh dating back to their days at Georgia Tech.

I have no problems with Bosh leaving and joining up with Wade in Miami because it is a role that he is clearly more suited to, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that he didn't have his mind made up about leaving Toronto for a while now.