Cavs Targeting Monta Ellis?

I wonder who Golden State would acquire. they already have set-in-stone starters in Curry, Udoh, and Lee. they would have to get a SF or another SG. Ellis is a fan fav in Oakland though and a star on the rise. they'd have to get a really good player in exchange.

Udoh a starter? I don't really think so, not this season at least. They have Lee and Biedrins to play the 4 and 5. If anything the Warriors would be looking for a SF which the Cavs don't have a good one they can offer for Ellis. I don't see a possibly trade scenario for the Casv to get Ellis.

Udoh a starter? I don't really think so, not this season at least. They have Lee and Biedrins to play the 4 and 5. If anything the Warriors would be looking for a SF which the Cavs don't have a good one they can offer for Ellis. I don't see a possibly trade scenario for the Casv to get Ellis.

Biedrins will start, but I'd be really surprised if Golden State didn't trade him sometime this season and make Udoh the starter. Biedrins' contract is just such a [expletive] and I can almost guarantee they'll trade it for an expring(s) within the five or six months.

starting Udoh and Lee at the four and five respectively will help their uptempo offense and probably even make them better defensively as crazy as it sounds. but yeah, SF is definitely their biggest need. if they were gonna trade Ellis, they should have kept Morrow. just bad decision making from Riley again.

if they're really that desperate for expiring contracts, I could see them getting Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton for Ellis and Biedrins or some [expletive] like that. I don't really know or even care anymore. I used to be a Warriors fan, but I don't know what the [expletive] Riley is thinking 99.6% of the time.

First off the starters down loww will be Lee, and Beans.

Second Ellis isn't a fan favorite lol.

Third I hope it would be the third team giving the pieces back to the Warriors because the Cavs have absolutely nothing that would make it a good deal for the Warriors.

Right now BTw the Starting line-up is

Curry

Ellis

Williams or Wright depends who you ask

Lee

Beans

First off the starters down loww will be Lee, and Beans.

for now, but I doubt it stays that way. Beans has like 4-years/$44 left on his contract and I doubt the new owners have any interest in paying that [expletive] after already spending a boatload on the team itself. they'll trade him for expiring(s) this season - I can almost guarantee it. hell, he's been on the block forever now.

Second Ellis isn't a fan favorite lol.

yeah he is. the media makes it sound like he's hated and [expletive], but I've been to a couple Warriors games the fans love him. they even loved Stephen Jackson when he was still here. the media just blows [expletive] out of proportion as always.

Third I hope it would be the third team giving the pieces back to the Warriors because the Cavs have absolutely nothing that would make it a good deal for the Warriors.

oh yeah, there's no question a third team with expiring contracts would have to be involved in this deal.

Right now BTw the Starting line-up is

Curry

Ellis

Williams or Wright depends who you ask

Lee

Beans

no doubt. they got some young, raw talents, but not a playoff team quite yet.

Mo Williams would more than likely be included in the trade, and Golden State would probably experiment with him playing the two, starting Curry at the point.

there's no way in hell Golden State would ever take a washed up Mo Williams. the only reason they'd possibly trade Ellis in the first place is to shed his contract. taking back a contract that's almost as bad, for a player with only half the talent, never gonna happen.

for now, but I doubt it stays that way. Beans has like 4-years/$44 left on his contract and I doubt the new owners have any interest in paying that [expletive] after already spending a boatload on the team itself. they'll trade him for expiring(s) this season - I can almost guarantee it. hell, he's been on the block forever now.

No. Stop First off Udoh is out 4-6 months. Second, Beans was hurt all last year, and coulnd't back to his form from the year before. He is the best rebounder on the team, and a solidd defender.

yeah he is. the media makes it sound like he's hated and [expletive], but I've been to a couple Warriors games the fans love him. they even loved Stephen Jackson when he was still here. the media just blows [expletive] out of proportion as always.

No, I live in the bay and I can tell you Ellis isn't a fan favorite out here. They loved them when they made it to the playoffs, but this is Curry's team and he is the fan favorite.

oh yeah, there's no question a third team with expiring contracts would have to be involved in this deal.

Sorry but the Warriors more than liekly aren't trading away Monta Ellis for expiring contracts.

no doubt. they got some young, raw talents, but not a playoff team quite yet.

Edited by Beastley

• Owner

there's no way in hell Golden State would ever take a washed up Mo Williams. the only reason they'd possibly trade Ellis in the first place is to shed his contract. taking back a contract that's almost as bad, for a player with only half the talent, never gonna happen.

Williams has three years left (because he will take his PO's). Ellis is getting paid more, four years left, PO in the fourth.

Golden State would take Williams if it meant getting Hickson, or someone they REALLY desire in a three-way deal. Monta is a borderline all-star, but he's also a detriment to Curry's production and progression as a player and point guard. Williams knows his role and plays it. Monta needs to shine somewhere else, and if the Warriors can get back a valuable and cheap player (like Hickson, who was in trade talks for Amare), the Warriors pull the trigger because it's a win-win situation for them.

Hov, you used to be a Warriors fan? :lol: Why not anymore? Cause of the front office?

Anyways, Curry is more of a fan favorite than Monta Ellis, but I guess it all depends on what your definition of a fan favorite is. I would do the trade depending on who the third team is. No one really interests me on the Cavs.

Williams has three years left (because he will take his PO's). Ellis is getting paid more, four years left, PO in the fourth.

Golden State would take Williams if it meant getting Hickson, or someone they REALLY desire in a three-way deal. Monta is a borderline all-star, but he's also a detriment to Curry's production and progression as a player and point guard. Williams knows his role and plays it. Monta needs to shine somewhere else, and if the Warriors can get back a valuable and cheap player (like Hickson, who was in trade talks for Amare), the Warriors pull the trigger because it's a win-win situation for them.

Agreed 100% ..

They need to move Monta to a place like Cleveland that will allow him to shine and show his skills with a more veteran team who can also guide him. I would take Hickson before i take Mo Williams though .. they should have Hickson the highest on their list IMO over anyone else .. Mo and Hickson together should be a done deal for Ellis .. We know Ellis is a borderline all-star but he ain't a borderline all-star with Curry improving dramatically like no one anticipated .. EXCEPT ME ...

I can't believe you guys would take mother [expletive]ing Mo Williams and JJ Hickson for Ellis. you either think Ellis is only about half as good as he really is or you're just totally delusional about Hickson. let me tell you something - Hickson blows monkey nuts. he was strictly a product of LeBron. without James playing alongside him, Hickson isn't even a top twenty PF in the game. Williams is horrible and his contract is even worse. I guarantee they could get a better package for Ellis.

I can't believe you guys would take mother [expletive]ing Mo Williams and JJ Hickson for Ellis. you either think Ellis is only about half as good as he really is or you're just totally delusional about Hickson. let me tell you something - Hickson blows monkey nuts. he was strictly a product of LeBron. without James playing alongside him, Hickson isn't even a top twenty PF in the game. Williams is horrible and his contract is even worse. I guarantee they could get a better package for Ellis.

It wouldn't be. Those are just pieces to the trade.

Edited by Beastley

Until we see Hickson play without LeBron you can't make stuff up. Hickson only made a better name for himself when he dominated the summer league. You may say he was supposed too, but that's certainly not a bad sign.

Williams is a top 15, maybe even top 10 point guard.

Edited by The New Beginning

Until we see Hickson play without LeBron you can't make stuff up. Hickson only made a better name for himself when he dominated the summer league. You may say he was supposed too, but that's certainly not a bad sign.

Williams is a top 15, maybe even top 10 point guard.

Rondo, Rose, Kidd, Billups, Stuckey, Curry, Brooks, Davis, Jennings, Harris, Paul, Collison, Westbrook, Nelson, Nash, Miller, Evans, Parker, Williams.

^ that's nineteen point guards better than Mo off the top of my head. besides, he wouldn't even play the point in Golden State. they already have Curry, Bell, Pargo, and Lin. guys, trust me, they'd have absolutely no interest at all in Williams and his horrid contract. I don't know how you even think it's possible, and to say Mo Will is possible a top ten point guard in the NBA... LMAO.

Rondo, Rose, Kidd, Billups, Stuckey, Curry, Brooks, Davis, Jennings, Harris, Paul, Collison, Westbrook, Nelson, Nash, Miller, Evans, Parker, Williams.

^ that's nineteen point guards better than Mo off the top of my head. besides, he wouldn't even play the point in Golden State. they already have Curry, Bell, Pargo, and Lin. guys, trust me, they'd have absolutely no interest at all in Williams and his horrid contract. I don't know how you even think it's possible, and to say Mo Will is possible a top ten point guard in the NBA... LMAO.

Pretty sure Williams would play over all of them except Curry.

But I do agree that Williams wouldn't play point as a starter.

• Owner

Nobody said the Cavaliers were going after Mo Williams. They would have to take him to make salaries work, and if they wanted Hickson (like Phoenix did) and another decent player from a third team. Stop overreacting to what people are saying. Monta Ellis is not THAT great of a player.

Nobody said the Cavaliers were going after Mo Williams. They would have to take him to make salaries work, and if they wanted Hickson (like Phoenix did) and another decent player from a third team. Stop overreacting to what people are saying. Monta Ellis is not THAT great of a player.

what are you talking about? the Cavs already have Mo Will. no one would have to take anyone if they didn't like what they were getting in exchange. Ellis is an All-Star caliber player who will only get better. taking back a washed up Mo Williams is the last thing they'd want to do in a trade. besides, I doubt they even want Hickson. they already have Udoh, Lee, Biedrins, and Gadzuric.

• Owner

what are you talking about? the Cavs already have Mo Will. no one would have to take anyone if they didn't like what they were getting in exchange. Ellis is an All-Star caliber player who will only get better. taking back a washed up Mo Williams is the last thing they'd want to do in a trade. besides, I doubt they even want Hickson. they already have Udoh, Lee, Biedrins, and Gadzuric.

Typo.

And Ellis looks like an all-star caliber player that's actually in the same boat as Kevin Martin. He's not a team player, and he's not a first option on a successful playoff team.

And yes, teams do have to settle on fillers, bad contracts and average-to-bad players to get what they really want...it happens all the time. If there's someone out there that the Warriors are targeting, and they need Cleveland's help to get the trade done, they will do it...and if it means getting back Mo Williams JUST to get that particular player from a third team, they will do it.

Not sure if you have something against Cleveland, Mo Williams (because of what he said to Wade), or what...but Mo is no scrub. He's a legit starter...overpaid a little, but so are a ton of players in the league.