Brett Favre Retires

If it's true, I'm glad and honored to have watched such a successful, great quarterback like Brett Favre. Risk taker or not, he got the job done several times in his career, it's been an absolute pleasure watching Favre, through the good times and bad. We're watching one of the better quarterbacks in NFL history walk away. And while I don't know what it's like to retire from the NFL, I can truly acknowledge what Favre is going through. He's played it as a passion for over 20 years.

Favre has a lot of haters on him, some rightfully so. But he was one of my favorite players in the entire time I've watched football, and I'm privileged to have watched him play the game of football.

• Like 1

Brett Favre says he will play if healthy

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder in Hattiesburg, Miss., on Wednesday that he has not made any decision about returning to play for the Minnesota Vikings this season and says he will play if healthy.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, said in a statement to the NFL Network on Wednesday that the quarterback has an appointment with Dr. James Andrews next week and will know more at that time. Andrews performed surgery on Favre's ankle in May.

Favre denied sending text messages to Vikings teammates and club officials that might have indicated he had decided to retire.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5436231

Yeah... Stupid media.