Top 3 Players in the NBA at the moment and after next season

Newman

Just saw a video with Kenny Smith stating that the top 3 players in the NBA currently are: LeBron, Kobe, Kevin Durant. I agree with him right now and I think this is going to be the same ranking after the upcoming season. Just wondering whether anyone of you guys think that the ranking is going to change after the 10-11 season or if you disagree with Smith's ranking.

3. Howard

2. Kobe

1. Lebron

I've said it before and I'll say it again...you can't knock LBJ's versatility. He's the best player in the league pound for pound. Forget championships and how people usually equate it to greatness. Yes, Kobe is great but even if he didn't have any rings (at his skill level) I would still place him in the top three, even to this day! I mean would Robert Horry make the top three in any of the past 6-8 years? He's a champion. Also, don't sleep on Dwight Howard's ability to make an offense think twice about going his way. He changes games and alters shots. Defense is highly slept on...Howard is the best at it...and heck, he'll still get you at least 18 pts each night.

Kenny Smith sort of contradict himself in that segment. Cause if you guys watch it again he says "LeBron is numero uno" But then says "You can't put Kevin Durant ahead of Kobe cause Kobe is the best player in the game". However any ways my rankings of course is

3.Wade

2.LeBron

1.Kobe

3. Howard

2. Kobe

1. Lebron

I've said it before and I'll say it again...you can't knock LBJ's versatility. He's the best player in the league pound for pound. Forget championships and how people usually equate it to greatness. Yes, Kobe is great but even if he didn't have any rings (at his skill level) I would still place him in the top three, even to this day! I mean would Robert Horry make the top three in any of the past 6-8 years? He's a champion. Also, don't sleep on Dwight Howard's ability to make an offense think twice about going his way. He changes games and alters shots. Defense is highly slept on...Howard is the best at it...and heck, he'll still get you at least 18 pts each night.

Dwight Howard is behind Durant, Wade, etc.

Same as this season- LeBron, Kobe and Wade in whatever order you prefer. Just because LeBron and Wade won't have the same mind-blowing stats because they have to share the wealth, and just because Kobe won't be the 35PPG scorer he was a few years ago doesn't mean they still won't be the same players of the last few seasons. Just means that they don't need to do as much in the regular season as in the past.

My next 3 would be CP3, Howard and either Melo/Durant , in that order.

• Owner

Gotta put Bryant ahead of everyone when he's healthy. Tossing the statistics out the window (because you'll have to do that during the upcoming season, since Wade, James and Bosh are sharing now), Kobe is the most complete player out of everyone in the league.

1) Kobe

2) James

3) Wade

4) Durant

Gotta put Bryant ahead of everyone when he's healthy. Tossing the statistics out the window (because you'll have to do that during the upcoming season, since Wade, James and Bosh are sharing now), Kobe is the most complete player out of everyone in the league.

1) Kobe

2) James

3) Wade

4) Durant

No way is Durant better than CP3. IMO it really isn't even an arguement.

• Owner

No way is Durant better than CP3. IMO it really isn't even an arguement.

Then why don't you have Deron Williams in your top six?

If we're talking overall skills/abilities, Howard doesn't break the list.

Then why don't you have Deron Williams in your top six?

If we're talking overall skills/abilities, Howard doesn't break the list.

Paul's a better/more efficient scorer, a better/more efficient playmaker, grabs more rebounds and is a better defender than Williams. He also has statistically murked Williams in the clutch the last 2 seasons. I trust Paul more to run and carry a team than Williams.

Howard may not be anywhere near as polished as Williams, but IMO he certainly makes a bigger impact. Offensively he demands a ton of attention just for his sheer size and ability around the hoop, where he is unbelievably efficient. Because of the amount of attention he draws against teams that don't have a defensive player that can play him 1-on-1 (aka 25 teams or more teams) he completely opens everything up for what was one of the greatest 3pt shooting teams in NBA history. He also dominates the offensive glass and gets his team many 2nd chance points. On defense his impact is bigger than anyone's in the entire league. He's a dominant rebounder, dominant shot-blocker and annually makes a very averagely talented defense at best an elite defense. No doubt I take Howard over Williams.

As for Durant/Melo being ahead of D-Will, it's definitely very close. I'll take Melo between the 3 because I think he's a better, more dominating player than D-Will and is more adept to taking over games as well as hitting clutch shots. I'd say it's the same thing with Durant, but the reason why I give Melo the nod over Durant is he's more experienced and has a more polished all-around game.

Edited by Nitro