Philadelphia Flyers 2010-2011

Phightins

3 of 4 points on the road to start the season in two tough buildings. I'll take it. They were lucky to get anything out of tonight, the Blues dominated. Boosh was great. Wonder how this goaltending thing will work out. Bob and Boosh have each looked great.

So, the Flyers play the Leafs tomorrow night at 7. The Flyers supposedly wanted to change it to a 1:00 game, because the Phillies will be playing at either 4 or 8 (depending on the outcome of tonight's Yankees/Rangers game). But they were not allowed to move it, because it is on Hockey Night in Canada.

So basically, Hockey Night in Canada is responsible for the epic traffic nightmare in South Philadelphia tomorrow night.

Edited by Phightins

So, the Flyers play the Leafs tomorrow night at 7. The Flyers supposedly wanted to change it to a 1:00 game, because the Phillies will be playing at either 4 or 8 (depending on the outcome of tonight's Yankees/Rangers game). But they were not allowed to move it, because it is on Hockey Night in Canada.

So basically, Hockey Night in Canada is responsible for the epic traffic nightmare in South Philadelphia tomorrow night.

That's what you get for playing the Leafs, I guess lol. They're always on HNIC, whether they haven't won in 10 games or are in the playoffs.

The stupid thing is, it could be done as Montreal and Ottawa are playing tonight anyways.

Disgraceful showing in Columbus. And I am not a fan of Nik Zherdev at all. On top of not showing a thing on the ice yet, he has supposedly refused to talk to the media, because Tim Panaccio (local hockey writer) "looks like a member of the Russian mob" to him (Panaccio is full-on Italian). While that is completely hilarious since Panotch has a good sense of humor about it, Zherdev seems like a total jerk.

I mean, the dude clearly is a first round talent, but he is 26 years old and is already with his third NHL organization and is coming off a year in the KHL. On a one year deal too, so you'd think the guy would be smart enough to realize he needs to prove something this year. Guess he isn't.

Edited by Phightins

Nik Zherdev demoted to 4th line in practice yesterday, supposedly complained about it, and was scratched tonight. Have to think Lavi is getting fed up with him.

Also, Pat Maroon has been released by the Phantoms. I have not seen any of their games this year, but he was supposedly working very hard and he looked awesome. So nobody seems to know what happened there, but it must have been a serious off-the-ice thing. Coaches won't elaborate and the players are not talking. Two interesting storylines to watch play out here.

Nik Zherdev demoted to 4th line in practice yesterday, supposedly complained about it, and was scratched tonight. Have to think Lavi is getting fed up with him.

Also, Pat Maroon has been released by the Phantoms. I have not seen any of their games this year, but he was supposedly working very hard and he looked awesome. So nobody seems to know what happened there, but it must have been a serious off-the-ice thing. Coaches won't elaborate and the players are not talking. Two interesting storylines to watch play out here.

Pat Maroon always becomes a stud in NHL 11. :lol: .

Danny Briere suspended 3 games. Fair, although the whole situation could have been avoided if the linesman was doing his job. Whatever.

Eric Wellwood (Kyle's younger brother) called up. He will make his NHL debut tonight. Andreas Nodl is also out, so Nik Zherdev is back in the lineup tonight also.

Edited by Phightins

He looked very good actually (or maybe my expectations were just too low...or a combination of both). They threw him right into the fire by putting him on a line with Richards and JVR and he did not look out of place at all. Led the team in shots actually, I think.

Edited by Phightins

Perhaps the greatest sporting event experience of my life. And I am not even considering the result.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/IMG_20101104_184229.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/IMG_20101104_195800.jpg

If you ever get the chance to attend an NHL game and sit this close, DO IT!!!

[expletive] all over us, but at least I got to see Boogaard and Prust kick the snot out of Shelley and Carcillo?

FWIW... Carcillo is a dirty bastard.

Carcillo/Prust was basically a draw, I thought. Maybe slight decision Prust, but it was pretty even IMO.

Edited by Phightins

Wondering if Brian Boucher will ever start again for the Flyers. I expected him to go tonight vs. the Islanders, since it's the first night of a back-to-back, but Bob gets the call again. And I'd be very surprised if they play Boosh against Washington tomorrow. Michael Leighton is supposedly way ahead of schedule with his rehab also, so Boucher looks like he will eventually be the odd man out.

As I was saying, I am willing to give Prust the edge, but I'd hardly call it an [expletive] kicking.

Shelley-Boogaard on the other hand...that was an [expletive] kicking. Everyone knew that fight was coming, and the outcome was pretty predictable, haha. But then again, when does Booger ever lose a fight?

Edited by Phightins

Ok maybe [expletive]-kicking is the wrong term... dominated? Outclassed? Overmatched? :) Whatever term you'd used to describe the Flyers over the Rangers in score/play I'd use to describe Prust's handling of Carcillo.

Boogey is definitely the man, Carcillo skated away from him just before this fight happened. Nobody wants a piece of him, as you can see from his low fight numbers this year. Guys simply skate away.

That said, I'll take some of your skill players, please. We need something to tide us over until Gabby gets back.

Ok maybe [expletive]-kicking is the wrong term... dominated? Outclassed? Overmatched? :) Whatever term you'd used to describe the Flyers over the Rangers in score/play I'd use to describe Prust's handling of Carcillo.

Boogey is definitely the man, Carcillo skated away from him just before this fight happened. Nobody wants a piece of him, as you can see from his low fight numbers this year. Guys simply skate away.

That said, I'll take some of your skill players, please. We need something to tide us over until Gabby gets back.

Haha...you can take Jeff Carter.

Speaking of Carter....nothing against him, really, but he needs to be traded this season. We have one too many "top line caliber" centers, so one of them has been on the wing at all times this season. Doesn't do anybody any good. Plus, Claude Giroux needs to be locked up long term right now. No way they can keep Giroux and Carter both. Carter is a good offensive player, Giroux has future super star written all over him. Easy decision if you ask me. Plus, Carter's trade value will never be higher.

Edited by Phightins