Tracy McGrady signs with Pistons

ChosenOne

Wow very random. He must REALLY want to start and be a primary offensive weapon. Kind of upset he went this route instead of waiting for a player on a contender to go down, or completely retiring, but at least we'll get to see him play regardless.

I don't think T-Mac cares about winning; he wants minutes (and he won't get that with a contending team).

Agreed. This might be a great piece of business by Joe Dumars though as if T-Mac can perform well then Dumars can easily package his low salary with Prince/Rip/Charlie V/Ben Gordon's horrible contract.

Wow very random. He must REALLY want to start and be a primary offensive weapon. Kind of upset he went this route instead of waiting for a player on a contender to go down, or completely retiring, but at least we'll get to see him play regardless.

I can understand why he is doing this. By signing a one year contract with a lottery team, he will be able to showcase his talents more than he would if he took a backup role on a contender. I imagine that he still believes that he can be a star in this league (I don't by the way) and wants to be paid accordingly. He will probably try to put up solid numbers this season with the Pistons and then try to cash in on it next year.

The guy is still only 30 years old, so I can understand why he wouldn't be content with simply latching onto a contender with a bench role for the next few years or retiring all together.

Another team taking time to think about him...lol =\

Detroit Hasn't Decided On Making Offer To McGrady

Pistons general manager Joe Dumars has confirmed that the team is considering signing Tracy McGrady.

However, Dumars added that Detroit has yet to decide whether or not they'll make the free-agent swingman an offer.

"GM Joe Dumars tells Y! Sports that Detroit's had internal talks on Tracy McGrady, but haven't decided on extending him an offer," Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports wrote on his Twitter page.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68584/20100808/detroit_hasnt_decided_on_making_offer_to_mcgrady/#ixzz0w1yxHuM8

The Detroit Pistons have some work to do with their roster after agreeing to terms Tuesday morning with free agent forward Tracy McGrady on a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum of $1.35 million.

A league source indicated Tuesday that the Pistons will work to "un-jam the log jam" the team now has at the shooting guard and small forward spots after signing the 31-year-old McGrady, who has been working out for several teams this summer looking for a home, including Chicago and Cleveland.

The source said that McGrady agreed without conditions to play behind starters Rip Hamilton and Tayshawn Prince next season, though it's likely that Detroit will move either Hamilton or Prince before the start of next season. It's more likely the Pistons will move Prince, who is entering the last year of his contract.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/10/pistons.mcgrady/index.html?rss=true

Sounds like it is official.