Is the Dark Knight one of the greatest movies ever?

kingfish

Guest STL10

No. It was pretty bad actually.

First 5 minutes were great then the movie went downhill fast.

The plot was ALL over the place.

Terrible movie.

Heath Ledger was the only great part of that movie and now he is dead.

Good luck with the sequel Chris Nolan.

First 5 minutes were great then the movie went downhill fast.

The plot was ALL over the place.

Terrible movie.

Heath Ledger was the only great part of that movie and now he is dead.

Good luck with the sequel Chris Nolan.

Seeing as TDK is a sequel, I don't think it will be hard to do

Man, all uh you guys are brutal! The Dark Knight isn't no where near the greatest movie ever, BUT it was very VERY good. The score was amazing and the action rivals with the most of the comic book movies, if not better than all of em. You just gotta watch TDK with a great surround sound set up. You change your mind then.

All the hype came out of it because Ledger died...his performance was great, but the fact that he died shortly after they finished filming made it a chilling performance. Its almost like he went to a dark side of his life with that character, and it might have had an effect on his death.

But no, its not the best movie of all time, its just a really good movie.

Unfortunately the opinions placed on this movie follow one of two paths- It is either overrated by people because of Ledger's performance, or underrated by people because of Ledger's performance (by them thinking it was only so popular because of his death).

Personally, I LOVE this movie and it's one of my favorites ever. It is by no means one of the greatest movies ever, but there are a LOT of sublimal messages and underlying dramas that people don't really pick up on because they stereotype it as a typical comic book movie. I found it pretty fascinating, and Ledger's Joker made it that much better. What made the movie great to me was almost everything BUT the action. The action was solid, but nothing special. The hand-to-hand combat was pretty poor IMO. The best parts of the movie were psychological.

I doubt a superhero movie will ever be the greatest movie ever. On IMDB's top 250 it's still in the top 10.

Here's the thing, movies aren't about what a critic makes of it, what I make of it, or what everyone makes of it, it's what you make of it. If you think it's the greatest movie ever, then it is for you.

That being said here's my take.

It isn't even, imo, the best super hero movie of all time. I loved Iron Man, I felt if Iron Man was 2 and half hours it would have destroyed Dark Knight, Dark Knight is an excellent movie, one of the greatest of all time? No, but it is one of the greatest released in our generation no doubt.

• Like 1

Haha, this easily beat Spiderman and Begins. I really consider this more than a comic book movie. Considering it had good acting, a well thought out story, and real directorial vision.

The fact that it has Christian Bale means it has [expletive] acting :wub:

• 10 years later...