Willis On Madden Rating: I Feel Like I Should Be A 99 In Everything

The Regime

ESPN - Patrick Willis is one of six players with a 99 rating in Madden NFL 11.

"I'm not the type of guy just to push square and go for a regular tackle," said Willis. "I always like to be on top coming down with that Hit Stick and see what happens."

Chris Johnson, Darrelle Revis, Jared Allen, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning are the other five players with a 99.

"It's truly an honor just to be in the game because when I was a kid, I used to created myself in 'Madden' and give myself all 99s," Willis says. "I feel like I should be a 99 in everything ... I didn't just want to be an 80 in this or an 80 in that. I was striving for that 99 in real life. So now to be in 'Madden' and see my character improve throughout the years to the point where now I'm a 99, it's really a blessing."

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/18020/20100808/willis_on_madden_rating_i_feel_like_i_should_be_a_99_in_everything/

Why is that?

In today's NFL, an OLB pass-rusher is probably the most valuable position on defense, and DeMarcus Ware is the best in the league at that. There's been many discussions on the 49er's board about this, and there are a LOT of people who would rather have Ware than Willis because of how valuable pass-rushers are and how the game has changed from when MLB's were the cornerstone of the defense.

Vernon Davis will be a 99 by the end of the season.