Love Feels More Appreciated By Team USA Than Wolves

Timberwolves forward Kevin Love admitted Tuesday that he feels more appreciated and respected with Team USA than he does his full-time employer.

Love started 22 games and played just 28.7 minutes per game for the lowly Timberwolves last season.

"Yes," he responded when asked if he felt more appreciated by Team USA than Minnesota. "Just a solid yes."

"I don't want to come off sounding like a prima donna or sound like I'm complaining or anything," Love clarified. "I just feel like, since I've been here, it's really been a great team atmosphere. We feel like we have a chance to win this whole thing. I think everybody is just coming in with a great attitude and appreciating everybody as a whole, and really becoming a family.

"I'm just saying in a 15-win season, last year with the Timberwolves, a lot of stuff happened...a lot of new players...we had blown up that team. Heading into this year, we need to just start becoming a family, kind of like it is here, and integrate that family atmosphere into the Timberwolves."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68638/20100811/love_feels_more_appreciated_by_team_usa_than_wolves/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

In other words, Kevin Love wants the ball.

But he's right. Minnesota has pulled guys in and out of there as if they are scattering to build a contender. Not going to happen so quickly, so you just need to try and get a feel of what players are compatible with Rambis, the triangle offense and their own teammates. You can't do that in spurts of 30-40 games, though.

Rubio the savior? :o