Collison Wants To Follow In Reggie Miller's Footsteps

The Regime

Pacers point guard Darren Collison, who was acquired on Wednesday from the Hornets in a four-team trade, is setting some high expectations for his career in Indiana.

Collison, who spent four years at UCLA, wants to be like another former Bruin and Pacer legend.

"People can look forward to a player that loves to win," Collison said. "I just want to bring that excitement back to the city."

Collison grew up watching Miller play and will be trying to lead the Pacers back to the playoffs for the first time since 2006.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68678/20100813/collison_wants_to_follow_in_reggie_millers_footsteps/

I want to continue to see future and current stars embrace their role on a small market team. I think what makes Kevin Durant so special off the court is his commitment to Oklahoma City. I would love to see Mayo, Evans, or Jennings sign long term contracts with their respective teams.

• Like 1