McGrady Will Let His Season Do The Talking

The Regime

Tracy McGrady believes the Pistons signed him to a bargain contract, but he is reluctant to say much at this point.

"My game this season will do all the talking I need to do now,'' McGrady told FanHouse on Friday. "There's no need for me to say anything else at this point.''

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68690/20100814/mcgrady_will_let_his_season_do_the_talking/

Will he come back to 25 ppg?

People blindly think that signing McGrady will do nothing but he has FINALLY worked with one of the best trainers in the game. He has made a complete turnaround on his health.

Hes only 31, i think he can put together at least a 20 point season.

Less than 10 PPG for a guy that used to lead the league. I'd consider than pretty bad.

He was actually pretty damn good but injuries caught up to him quick. Some games he would get them 20, the next would be like 8 points. If Tracy's rehab went as well as he seems say it went then he could be in store for a solid season.

T-Mac wasn't very good last season. I watched almost all of his games and he got by purely on court-savviness/IQ. He was out of shape and a complete liability on the defensive end. He couldn't move laterally, his quick first step was non-existent and he had no vertical explosiveness. Because of all that he was also a ghost on the court when he didn't have the ball in his hands (not much different than with the Rockets, but with them he could occasionally make a hard cut or come around a screen for a jumper). His jumper, much like the last few seasons (besides 08-09 where his 3pt shot and FT's were unusually very good) was inaccurate and inconsistent. That won't change until he gets his lift back because he's a line-drive jumpshooter.

Expecting 20PPG from a guy who had workouts so bad with the Bulls and Clips that they wouldn't offer vet minimum contracts, and from a guy who's now on a team that's stacked at the wing positions, is just being very unrealistic.