Carmelo Has No Timeline On Extension Decision

ChosenOne

Carmelo Anthony continues to consider whether he should accept Denver's offer of a three-year, $65 million contract extension, but he indicated on Saturday he has no timeline in place.

"I'm just taking my time with it," he said during his basketball camp at ThunderRidge High School. "Obviously, everybody knows I'm loyal to the Denver Nuggets community and to the Denver Nuggets. I've shown that over my seven-year stint here. I don't think anybody can question that. But at this point in time I have to do what's best for me and my family. I'm just taking my time, figuring out if I want to take that extension or not."

Teams such as the Knicks and Nets are expected to offer Anthony a maximum level contract in free agency next summer.

Denver does not currently have a general manager after the team let go of Mark Warkenstein and Rex Chapman.

"I think my decision is my decision," Anthony said. "I don't think it's based on who is in the front office or anything like that. I'm going to make my decision based on my feelings."

RealGM

Edited by ChosenOne

I think he will try to look into:

- How good the young players are such as Ty Lawson... he will be a Nugget for a long time especially if he can be a special player... and then Arron Afflalo how good he can be...

- How good the team is... if by January-February we have a losing record, there's no chance he will sign. But if we contend for 1st place in the West, there's a good possibility imo he will sign the extension during the season.

CP3 isn't going to NY .. I don't know why people still think on that being possible.

Melo will most likely sign with Knicks or the Nets. There is a good chance he stays with Denver also depending on how Harrington can impact that squad.

Everyone said LeBron wouldn't play with a star like Wade in Miami.

You realize that for Amare, Carmelo, and Parker/CP3 to team up and be able to play LBJ, Wade, Bosh would make them feel like they own the league basically. It would be those two teams almost every year in the ECF.

Also, Carmelo, Amare, and CP3 want what LeBron has. You saw that when CP3 demanded to leave earlier and when rumors came of Carmelo leaving.