Are Heat the next Bad Boys, or just misunderstood?

Flash

Well people do need stars but Lebron needing Wade is different becuase Wade isnt an average star. He is a superstar. On top of that he got another bery good All-Star. Thats why its a punk, cowardly move. If Lebron recruited Bosh it would have been just fine. Just like Kobe has Pau, and Jordan had Pippen.

Lol, I still don't see how teaming up with 2 of your closest friends for a chance to go down in history is a punk move. Why should they have to go by what other did? Then call KG a coward for going to Boston even if he was traded there I don't see what the difference is, he wanted out of Minnesota and they formed a star trio in Boston.

joining two superstars is just an easy way to get a ring. At least he should of wait in Cleveland till they bring him a star to play with. thats why I dont blame Wade.

If he would've waited it probably never would've happened and he would've wasted the best years of his career there. Goes back to what KG said after they eliminated Cleveland, “Loyalty is something that hurts you at times, because you can’t get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I’d have done it a little sooner.”

Lol, I still don't see how teaming up with 2 of your closest friends for a chance to go down in history is a punk move. Why should they have to go by what other did? Then call KG a coward for going to Boston even if he was traded there I don't see what the difference is, he wanted out of Minnesota and they formed a star trio in Boston.

They can be best friends for all i care, but wheres the fire of competetiveness i saw in old videos of Magic and Bird. Jordan had it and so does Kobe. These guys care more about hype,money, and the partying in Miami. I actually wasnt a big fan of KG's move but it was a little different. KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce were about the end of their prime/beginning of the end and none of them had a ring so it was sensible. The Heat trio are all smack in the middle of their prime and didnt need to form this trio. thats why its a punk move

Ok, so basically there's a double standard. It's ok to do it at the end of your prime but not in the middle of it where it would give you an even better chance to win. Now I get it. :rolleyes:

hese guys care more about hype,money, and the partying in Miami.

I'm pretty sure they made this move because they want to win multiple titles. There's gonna be partying in any NBA city that LeBron would've went to, be it Chicago or New York. Same with Wade.

I Just said I wasnt a big fan but it was MORE acceptable than this move. KG sloogged it out with Minnesota for a decade ore more (i think). Same with Pierce with the then horrible Celtics. And i have heard that Allen didnt even wanna be traded.

Obviosuly there will be partying everywhere.. but a little extra in Miami ;)

Bottom line, any trio that gets together is gonna get hated on. Haters are just fans that don't know how to express it. Guys can complain, and moan about how Lebron is a coward, but at the end of the day he makes more money than all of us combined and is one of the best players in the NBA. He lives life the way he wants to, and he wants to win rings, no matter how he does it. This trio topic is just beating a dead horse, sit back and watch the show. We are all NBA fans, and this team is as exciting as it gets.

• Owner

No not superstar. There's a difference between star and superstar. Superstars are guys like LBJ, Wade, Durant and Kobe. To me, stars is that second or third tier or guys like Bosh, Amare etc.

Kobe had Shaq and Pau. Wade had Shaq. Duncan had Robinson and then Parker/Ginobli. Hakeem had Drexler and MJ had Scottie.

Well I don't see the point in asking that question, then. It's common knowledge that no player can win with a supporting cast. To me, a star isn't even an all-star.

James teamed with another superstar and an all-star (not a reserve, either). So, you should've asked how many players have done it without a superstar teammate...and, well, my reply would've been the same (five just off the top of my head, of course).

That's sort of like me arguing that Kobe's five rings is one of the greatest achievements of all-time, and then I ask, "How many players have more than nine rings, then?"

It's hard for me to understand why players can't play together only because of how good they are. I think a lot of people are just a little jelly, that's all.

They frown upon it because they are jealous and everything tht those three in miami say and do now can and will be held against them because they did something tht nobody couldve happened and now they are upset it didnt happen with them,tht they didnt think of it and tht the fans favorite team didnt get any of them.

• Owner

It's hard for me to understand why players can't play together only because of how good they are. I think a lot of people are just a little jelly, that's all.

I don't see too many people saying that, actually. I think the main problem was that the Heat were a trio with a young coach and Mario Chalmers, nothing more. Things changed over time, and they brought in good role players.

Granted they really don't have a stellar post game or a good post defender other than Anthony (who hasn't played starter minutes for a full season), the Heat can still do a lot of damage. People are just concerned (or, I should say skeptical) because of that, and rightfully so. I understand you guys are hyped up for the season, but if this were any other team in the league, you'd have to be pointing out the same exact flaws.

What happened to other big-name trios? Injuries, for the most part. Garnett in 2009, Malone in 2004. They struck Houston's trio of Hakeem, Charles and Clyde. Barkley and Drexler hobbled to the finish line, missing a ton of games in the second half of the season. Houston won 57 and reached the WCF, fell to Utah (who was an incredible team).

If injuries strike the Heat late in the season, the same thing could happen to them. I'm not sure if James' elbow injury was real or what, but it changed the way it played, or Boston just figured him out. We saw what happened with Wade a few years back. Bosh couldn't push the Raptors into the post-season in 2010 because of what happened to him to end the year.

Really, LeBron has yet to suffer a major injury. People are either looking at him like he's the Utah Karl Malone, or that he's due for a big one.

Chemistry really isn't the issue, I don't think, because as long as James accepts he may be scoring less, and Bosh is down with that as well, it'll work out. Wade expects his role to stay the same, so he's really saying he'll continue to lead the team. If that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, the Heat will win 60+ games...but again, everyone knows LeBron James, and you can't rule out the possibility that he's going to feed on the hype and try taking over games, only because Cleveland's coaching staff has given him the green light for seven years, and he's sitting in his prime as we speak.

I'm definitely not jealous of the Heat. I have full confidence that the Lakers are a better team. I'm just pointing out problems that I've seen in the past, and problems that I had to pray our franchise could avoid (to no avail).

• Like 1

People don't question how well they'll play together because of how good they are. People question how two players (Bron and Wade) who are so used to playing with the ball in their hands all the time will adjust, and how a guy who is used to getting a bunch of iso's and being the #1 option (Bosh) will adjust to being a 3rd wheel. It's why people aren't questioning the possible CP3/Melo/Amare trio. With that trio, we know the players won't have to adjust their usual roles much and would fit in very well with each other. With the Heat trio, it's a lot less black-and-white because there will have to be a ton of adjustments.