Murphy Sees Nets In Playoffs, Understands Future Is Uncertain

NJNJ

Troy Murphy landed with the Nets last week as part of a four-team, five-player trade that involved the Pacers, Hornets and Rockets.

A native of New Jersey, Murphy doesn't understand why this offseason's top free agents didn't strongly consider signing with the Nets.

"It's not just because I'm from Jersey, but I couldn't understand when all these free agents were looking for places to go that so many of them overlooked the Nets," he said.

"Really, look at it ... objectively: Besides a great young center and an All-Star point guard, all the pieces are in place for this to be a very good team very quickly once we develop some chemistry. And by that I mean a playoff team."

Murphy, who was attractive to New Jersey in part because of his expiring contract, understands that his time with the Nets might be short -- especially with rookie power forward Derrick Favors waiting in the wings.

"It is what it is," Murphy said.

"Really, I'm happy to be in this position. If it's just for a year, I will do whatever I can do for them in whatever role they want to put me in. I'll do the best job I can. I'm really looking forward to working with (Favors), and I'm hearing nothing but good things — he can be a stud."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68759/20100819/murphy_sees_nets_in_playoffs_understands_future_is_uncertain/#ixzz0x5hj1G4X

So we got rid of CD-R, who clearly did not want to be here, for a second rounder, and Lee, who was depressed when he was traded here and "relieved" when he was traded away, for someone who does want to be here.

Edited by Waldo

• Owner

So we got rid of CD-R, who clearly did not want to be here, for a second rounder, and Lee, who was depressed when he was traded here and "relieved" when he was traded away, for someone who does want to be here.

I think CDR would've been nice to keep if he actually wanted to play for the Nets...but Lee seemed to have hit a wall. Murphy will contribute, even in spurts, and he'll do so while having a positive attitude. You can't go wrong with that.