WK2: New England @ NY Jets

Real Deal

Once Revis was out for some reason we decided to go away from what was working all day and Brady just locked in on Moss and kept trying long passes to him, I don't get it. We have so many weapons why do that? I am fine taking a shot 1-2 times a game to him long but to do it so many times is dumb, especially when we have so many guys and were moving the ball pretty well before that. Needed to keep spreading it out with 5 guys, we were rolling, then we suddenly go away from what works cause Revis pretends his hammy hurts.

Our defense needed a rest and our offense couldn't give it to them with awful play calling and execution in the second half.

Well, this was an unfortunate loss. I'll elaborate more later, but a few things stood out:

- The Fred Taylor run that was called back really hurt. The Jets would have been demorolized.

-Gotskowski blows.

- Should have kept going to Hernandez

-Defense plays way too soft on third downs.

-The o-line played excellent once again.

Also, Revis didn't get burned once, he got burned twice and was lucky Moss couldn't keep his feet in.

He didn't have a pulled hamstring. He had a bruised ego because he's a little [expletive].

Now I don't know if I want the Dolphins or Jets to win next week. I guess I'll root for the Dolhpins just because I feel more threatened by the Jets, and if the Patriots can beat the Dolphins like they should be able to if they are playoff material, they can control their own destiny.

Revis out the next 3 weeks, lol @ people thinking he would fake an injury. There's a difference between getting burned and letting your man you by you because you have safety over top -_- .

No, he got burned.

His ego was hurt. He was burned by Moss earlier in the game as well.

Stop making excuses for him and Romo for their play.

The fact of the matter is, Revis may be hurt, but he was burned on that one play, but it wasn't because of his hammy, it was blown safety coverage. I think that's fairly obvious, he let Moss have basically a free release. Leonhard or the safety over the top should've been there. Simple mis-communication.\

EDIT - Just watched the catch again, and Phil Simms even says "where's the deep safety?". Revis wasn't great in this game, but that touchdown wasn't his fault. Moss still ends up with only two catches.

Edited by iBoldin

He was burned more than once.

He was burned early in the game when Moss couldn't keep his feet in-bounds. He lucked out on that play.

And, you can keep making excuses for him, but it doesn't change the fact that Moss owned his [expletive] on a few plays, and Revis couldn't back his talk up. Moss dropped too many easy passes that game though.

Nmamdi>>>>>Revis

• Owner

Brady shouldn't have acted like Moss had an agenda with Cromartie (who actually defended Randy better than Revis did). There were a couple of questionable passes headed in Moss' direction in that second half...just didn't get it.

Brady shouldn't have acted like Moss had an agenda with Cromartie (who actually defended Randy better than Revis did). There were a couple of questionable passes headed in Moss' direction in that second half...just didn't get it.

From the little I watched, it looked like Brady forced it a couple times to Moss when Cromartie was on him.

so ecn, 2 completions when a safety blew coverage means he's bad? I doubt he sat out the second half for no reason. I think your ego is hurt because the Pats aren't the best team in the division

Stop with the safety excuse. He got burned, not once, but twice.

He mentioned the hamstring late in the week because he knew he couldn't handle Moss. Revis is a chump

Agreed. When Revis went out for some reason the Patriots decided it was time to show Moss how much they appreciate him by throwing to him over and over again even though he wasn't open and losing the game. Should have kept spreading it around like in the first half and having 3-4 WRs with a TE on the field.

@ECN that called run back sucked. I wish we would have kept giving the ball to Taylor later on and not Green-Ellis every run was like no gain. Taylor seemed to do well at the start but they went away from him. If they kept with him and spreading it out I think the offense would have been much better like in first half when they really couldn't stop us, but one nice catch from Moss and Revis gone makes us suddenly lock in on him.

Also all the penalties killed us, we could have stopped them a few times if not for that. The late hit on Banta-Cain was stupid, it was a late hit but a wussy late hit lol. Just a dumb move on his part, keeping a drive alive with 15yd penalty. Then Butler getting the pass interference calls, on the first one he had his arm on him, and turned around and batted the ball, if he had just turned around he could have picked it or stopped it, no way it was completed too low. Then the next one he kind grabbed him on his way back but it looked like he probably wouldn't have caught it anyways, just bad moves. Without that we would have had some stops. But the combo of offensive not doing anything second half and dumb penalties on defense kept the defense on the field so they were tired and couldnt stop them. Frustrating to say the least.

He mentioned the hamstring late in the week because he knew he couldn't handle Moss. Revis is a chump

:lol: You're such a joke, Moss was stranded on Revis island and got a catch off a blown coverage. Woo hoo.

Revis >>>>> Patriots

Jets do a good job disguising what they're doing defensively coverage wise and everything else... as they should defense is their identity. Brady did a good job of getting the ball out of his hands yesterday, but the Jets knew where he would go with the football when under pressure and they knew that Brady couldn't hurt them with anything other than Welker getting 1st downs. Plain and simple, the Patriots don't have enough and they don't run the ball well enough... the Patriots are predictable and what they do offensively can be dictated by the defense. They've been finesse for a while now.

Great, he got burned twice. It doesn't ignore the fact that Moss still only caught 2 balls. Let's not pretend Revis and the Jets' D were the only ones doing the trash talking. Moss had plenty to say about "Revis Island" and didn't do anything, just like last year.