WK3: Green Bay @ Chicago

Real Deal

MAN, bears just flat out dominated this game. packers were forced to cheat on every single play lmao. How many times did they have to hold peppers to prevent a sack? And then that bad flag on rodgers on third down that led to his qb sneak td? What a joke, packers sooooo lucky this game was this close lol. Gould missed a fg, clark dropped a wide open touchdown pass, and hester should have returned the first punt for a touchdown. And what was up with that last kick return? wtf were those cheese heads doing? lol

good game bears, cutler you did AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-0 only undefeated team in the NFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh btw, how many sacks did clay mathews have? ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

urlacher 9 tackles 1 fb, briggs 9 tackles one pick, what a beasty line backing core.

QFT

This is like, IBodlin like analysis.

At the end of the day, GB is still better than the Bears and its not even close. Cutler SUCKS. He didn't win this game for the Bears, Devin Hester and the Packer's lack of discipline did.

Peppers had a nice game you can't deny that, but he still didn't sack Rodgers and Rodgers had a tremendous game. So yeah he got into the backfield, but he didn't get to Rodgers nor did he effect his play.

You can count up the holding penalties on Tauscher and whoever helped on Peppers and allllll of those false starts on the left side of the line as sacks. The yardage was the same, they just didn't lose a down. Peppers' side of the line had to jump at least 4 times, and he was held every other play... lol.

Cutler had a fine game. Just because he didn't outplay Rodgers doesn't mean that he sucks.

I just wish you had the ability to say "hey, I was wrong... Bears were the better team today. We lost." It's sportsmanship at it's finest, and you're kinda being a sore sport.

They weren't. GB beat themselves. It wasn't a result of anything the Bears did. Stupid personal fouls, dropped INT's and dump PI's weren't a result of the Bears gameplan.

neither was hester getting tripped by a kicker on a punt return, or gould missing a field goal, or desmond clark dropping a wide open touchdown. Bears were the better team, and won when it counted. Sorry packers had to cheat on every play.

They weren't. GB beat themselves. It wasn't a result of anything the Bears did. Stupid personal fouls, dropped INT's and dump PI's weren't a result of the Bears gameplan.

The Bears won, that means they were the better team.

TD called back on a holding penalty against :shocker: Julius Peppers, who was overwhelming Tauscher all night. End up settling for a field goal... oh wait, that was blocked by Peppers too.

Urlacher forced the fumble that lost you guys the game.

You had no running game, and the bend not break Cover 2 worked (obviously). Give props, stop making excuses.

Really good game to watch.

I basically have two complaints about the game, both of them pertaining to game management by the Packers.

It doesn't take an idiot to figure out that James Jones wasn't out of bounds, nor was Tim Jennings, who recovered the football. In a tight game where the momentum has suddenly shifted to the home team, you don't need to challenge that. Either that was an incredibly poor knee jerk reaction or the staff upstairs laid an egg on that call. No way you need to challenge that. Absolutely no way you need to throw away a time out like that. It's inexcusable and arguably was the downfall of Green Bay tonight.

The second qualm I have, is why didn't Green Bay basically conceded a touchdown? Instead of coming with an all-out, ten-man blitz, allow the touchdown, swallow your pride and go out and score seven points right back. You know you have the personnel and one of the best quarterbacks in the game to do so. Rodgers ravaged the Bears' secondary, he was 15/16 at one point in the second half. It's risky, but I think you have to let the Bears score. Point is moot now, though.

Both quarterbacks played well tonight. I still think Cutler's a gamer, he got smacked around tonight again while the Bears were doing everything in their power to keep Clay Matthews off of Jay Cutler. Same went for the Pack and Julius Peppers. Both quarterbacks I thought were outstanding, Rodgers especially showing why he is the best young quarterback in the league. He just missed out on having a truly flawless game in my opinion.

Green Bay needs to play more disciplined. Too much of the false starts, unnecessary holding, pass interferences, etc. All of these can (and should) be corrected. There was no reason for Chicago to even be in the game at some points in this game. I like that Chicago showed resiliency though, they played a tough, hard nosed game.

Julius Peppers was a force tonight, he really had an awesome game. I can see why he would be frustrated in Carolina, and Chicago's doing a lot of things scheme wise to free up Peppers. He was all around the ball and it's only a matter of time before he starts racking up the sacks. I would really give him about three tonight without the holds and everything that happened to him. Clay Matthews as well. Shaffer did a reasonable job on him, but neither guy were getting the benefit of the doubt from yet another lackluster refereeing show. This is the best the NFL can trot out in a Nationally televised game? Give me a break.

Overall, I think Green Bay is still very much the favorites. I was incredibly high on Chicago coming into the season, I don't see anything as to why that would stop me from believing so. But the Packers are definitely an elite team. Some things need to be shored up, I think they do and hopefully the game at Lambeau is just as good as tonight's game.

And you guys can argue all you want on who won the game, or who lost it, but it's a pointless argument to have because neither one of the teams fan bases are ever going to come eye to eye in agreement.

I think DBF is being fairly rash saying that Chicago dominated this game, this was a very even keel game, I personally think Green Bay, had they not played so undisciplined, would have won, but hindsight is 20/20 in that regard.

Also, it's good to see Hester back.

And you guys can argue all you want on who won the game, or who lost it, but it's a pointless argument to have because neither one of the teams fan bases are ever going to come eye to eye in agreement.

I think DBF is being fairly rash saying that Chicago dominated this game, this was a very even keel game, I personally think Green Bay, had they not played so undisciplined, would have won, but hindsight is 20/20 in that regard.

Also, it's good to see Hester back.

Uhm I'm pretty sure the Packers were cheating on every play, that being said the Bears still won? How could they NOT have dominated? huh?

The challenge at the end of the game was terrible indeed. Also agree with Owen, why wouldn't the Packers let Forte walk it in and atleast give themselves a solid chance at sending the game into overtime. G Bay had something close to 16 penalties worth 128 yards if I remember correctly, Peppers was a huge part of that. Both teams had no ground attack at all, so Cutler and Rodgers had no other option but to go into 5 WR sets and throw. At the end of the day it was a great game to watch with 2 great QBs going at it. Didn't want Chicago to win but costly mistakes cost Packers the game.

Edited by Prodigy