WK8: Washington @ Detroit

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

We have lost the game leading up to the bye week four years in a row, hopefully that streak ends tomorrow.

I see the Lions D double covering Moss, he's played great in years past against them. With that being said, I see Anthony Armstrong having a strong performance, he will be seeing single coverage, and has the ability to make plays.

Hopefully Torain has a nice game as well. Shanahan probably wants to keep the clock moving in order to keep Stafford and Johnson off the field. If Torain can keep the time of possession in our favor, we have a great shot at winning this game.

On defense, Orakpo and Haynesworth should have another great game.

Not sure who will be covering Calvin, I'm thinking it will be Rodgers because of his ability to stay in coverage and not take too many chances at interceptions (since he knows he can't catch). We can't let CJ make big plays.

So far so good, especially with our terrible offensive line. This Lions D is incredible, 4 sacks in the first half for them on McNabb. We need to roll Donovan more out of the pocket or use him in the shotgun. Gotta keep exploiting that weak secondary.

Our defense has been playing well for the most part, just gotta put more pressure on Stafford and produce more turnovers.

Whats my prize?

Hardly even considered an upset, many people had the Lions winning, and almost every Redskins fan were not comfortable coming into this game. Just a pathetic showing by our offense and defense, topped off with Shanahan making a stupid decision by putting Grossman in the game.

The results were so predictable, I saw Grossman coming in as a disaster from the get go. If you watched the game, you noticed the effectiveness of McNabb when he had time to throw the damn ball. When the Oline fell apart, we weren't able to do anything. What is the point in putting Rex in? He's not going to make a difference. Unless McNabb was actually hurt and couldn't come back into the game, Shanahan made his worst decision this season.

Coaching was just terrible throughout the game. What were they thinking on 4th & 10? The Oline can't block, and the results were again, predictable. This game was huge for us, and we completely blew it.

Our offense is atrocious. The whole system is based on McNabb hitting 40+ yard passes to stretch the D. When it doesn't happen, we get a 3 & out. Take the Brandon Banks kickoff return off the board and our offense once again puts up a handful of points.

We were awful last week against the Bears, nothing seemed to have changed.

And it really doesn't help with the refs calling the game like they had done today. I'm not going to make excuses, but that one play where Anthony Armstrong got cut off by the safety was a blatant pass interference, I can't believe the refs didn't throw the yellow flag.