WK9: Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

This Bengals team is so different from last year.

Terrible special teams so far, from fumbling the opening return to allowing a blocked punt. I really believe TO is not helping the situation. He commands the ball and Cedric Benson has had a much worse year. They were fine without TO last year. The Bengals had a swagger about them last year and I just don't see it.

This Bengals team is so different from last year.

Terrible special teams so far, from fumbling the opening return to allowing a blocked punt. I really believe TO is not helping the situation. He commands the ball and Cedric Benson has had a much worse year. They were fine without TO last year. The Bengals had a swagger about them last year and I just don't see it.

idk how you can blame TO for the Bengals troubles, dude has been one of, if not the best WR's in the NFL this year, and is having on of his best years ever. Their defense has really plagued them, as well as Palmer's arm.

I'm not going to solely blame him, but he's not good for the chemistry. I just feel like he changed the whole direction of the offense, and they should've stuck with the running. They probably have the most depth among receiving cores in the league and I think they give too much of the load to TO.

I'm not too big of a fan of TO because he's all stats, no rings.....so he just got a TD, who knows maybe he's changed.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

I'm not going to solely blame him, but he's not good for the chemistry. I just feel like he changed the whole direction of the offense, and they should've stuck with the running. They probably have the most depth among receiving cores in the league and I think they give too much of the load to TO.

I'm not too big of a fan of TO because he's all stats, no rings.....so he just got a TD, who knows maybe he's changed.

Well considering we have only heard reports of him being plesent I don't think you can blame him for any chemistry issues that may have turned up. Although idk how there would be, if there were chemistry issues with TO he wouldn't be putting up any crazy stats like this. QB's don't reward him when he acts like a douche.

As for their direction on offense changing they should be one of the top passing offense in the game, if not for Palmer being a shell of his former self. I agree their core is great, but I think Palmer givng the majority of the targets to TO only proves what a player he still is. With all the talent out there, Palmer targets and trusts TO. No matter how deep your WR core is, you always have a #1 who gets the ball the most. Look at the stats too, 45 catches in 7 games? That's not hogging the targets at all, that's just about on track for a little over 100+ receptions, in a passing offense, your #1 BETTER get 100 catches, or you are in trouble.

Another thing about changing the direction, I'm sure the Bengals would love to be a running offense this year, however their defense has put them in some very tough positions this year. So they've had to pass.

All stats no rings? That's not fair at all, would you say the same thing about Barry Sanders? You can't blame a WR for a teams downfall.

Carson is an awful quarterback.

How long until the fans are chanting "We want Palmer!" and are referencing Jordan? Carson's post knee injury grace period has to be coming to an end pretty soon, no? Just such a drastic difference between the Steelers playoff game and now... It's unfortunate.