WK15: Green Bay @ New England

Real Deal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

proof that Flynn went to LSU :lol:

Ah well, Packers still alive for the playoffs at least. Would have loved a victory tonight. I was hoping for a blowout and not to have my heart torn out at the end. This game proves that Matt Flynn is better than Jay Cutler at least. Maybe Chicago can get ripped off in a trade with GB and trade some draft picks for him.

proof that Flynn went to LSU :lol:

Ah well, Packers still alive for the playoffs at least. Would have loved a victory tonight. I was hoping for a blowout and not to have my heart torn out at the end. This game proves that Matt Flynn is better than Jay Cutler at least. Maybe Chicago can get ripped off in a trade with GB and trade some draft picks for him.

A loss is a loss, whats the difference? lol Gonna need some luck for packers playoffs, 49ers may just creep in :glasses:

And matt flynn better than cutler? lol ok, matt flynn choked when the game mattered the most.

• Owner

Hopefully he can break the record of most passes without an INT now.

I thought he did that earlier in the game? They said something about him surpassing Jim Kelly. The record-breaking pass was nearly picked off, funny enough.

Tom Brady and Michael Vick are both making strong, strong cases for MVP...almost as if they know it's between each other.

I could see cases for both of them if they continue to play exceptional football during the last two games. However, I'm not too sure Michael Vick has enough going in his favor to win the MVP. If he wins it, it will be because of the Giants game yesterday.

The Patriots have less offensive "talent", the 28th ranked defense, and are still 12-2. Tom Brady has more TD's, passing yards' QB rating, ect. The list goes on and on for the statistical comparison. He also lost Randy Moss early in the season and the offense actually improved after he left.

And, I think the argument definitely shifts in Brady's favor once you consider the teams they've beaten.

Jets- Many people's pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and a current Wild Card team.

Baltimore Ravens: A high powered offense, with a great defense, and a current Wild Card team.

Pittsburgh Steelers: The current AFC North division leaders.

Indianapolis Colts: The current AFC South leaders.

San Diego Chargers: A team surging late in the season and has a great chance at winning the AFC West.

Chicago Bears: The current NFC North division leaders.

Green Bay Packers: Currently on the outside looking in for a wild-care, but if they beat the Giants, they will most likely make the playoffs.

The strength of schedule is completely in Brady's favor for an MVP case.

I thought he did that earlier in the game? They said something about him surpassing Jim Kelly. The record-breaking pass was nearly picked off, funny enough.

I thought they said he was 3rd all time? Hmm not sure

• Owner

I could see cases for both of them if they continue to play exceptional football during the last two games. However, I'm not too sure Michael Vick has enough going in his favor to win the MVP. If he wins it, it will be because of the Giants game yesterday.

Well, I think Vick has done enough over the course of the season to actually take the award, but as you said in the rest of your post (didn't quote it all to save space, haha), it's probably Brady's.

The only thing that gives Vick the edge is the fact that he's playing amazing football, and few expected him to be THIS good. The shock factor will help him earn some votes, because to be honest, the microscope has been on him the entire year, and he has been playing exceptional football as a quarterback AND as a football player.

I thought they said he was 3rd all time? Hmm not sure

You're probably right.

if there is ever such a thing as a feel good loss, this is it. I had no expectations of a win, only getting blown out. what hurts the most is the fact that we seemed to out play the Patriots, but they still won(Brady will due that every week). We dominated the third quarter and even stole a possession from Brady at the beginning of the game. Woodson's dropped pick probably made the difference in this game(as well as settling for a FG at the end of the third/start of the fourth). I am not upset about this loss yet, but I probably will be if the Bears win tonight

• Owner

I don't see how Vick doesn't win MVP 330+ yards from scrimmage in games where he played at least 3 quarters, 8-1 when he plays the full game. Stats are insane.

Yeah, that's what he has going for him. Brady has the 12-2 record and beating what most would consider the elite teams in the NFL.

The last I saw, Brady had 21 TD's in his last nine games, no interceptions. For the season? He has 31 TD's, just 4 INT...leading in both categories.

Most TD's, least INT, highest QB rating, fourth highest completion percentage, leading the Patriots to a 12-2 record...he's easily the best QB in the NFL.

Being the best QB in the NFL...how does another QB (Vick) win the MVP award over him? Possibly because Vick is the best overall player?

So, yeah, I see where you're coming from, but it's just tough for me to say it's one or the other, hands down.

There's definitely a case for Vick to be made, but compared to Brady's case, it isn't much of a case right now. He hasn't thrown an interception in ages, has beaten multiple division leading teams, wild card teams, and contending teams.

If Brady and Vick both play exceptional football during the last two games, and Vick wins the MVP, it is solely because of the game yesterday, which was absolutely incredible.

Also, Vick has only started seven games this season, which hurts his case.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I don't see how Vick doesn't win MVP 330+ yards from scrimmage in games where he played at least 3 quarters, 8-1 when he plays the full game. Stats are insane.

Well in the games he has played the whole game he has gone over 300 total yards 6 of the 9 games. He has gone over 330 total yards 4 times.

But look at who those wins have come against.

@DET, @JAC, IND, @WAS, NYG, HOU, @DAL, @NYG.

Only the Jaguars, Colts and Giants have a winning record. Not exactly the best opponents.

Brady has 31TDs 4INT 109.9 passer rating in 14 games and has beaten some of the best teams in the league. Vick has been great this year but so has Brady for the team with the best record in a tougher AFC and has played 5 more games then Vick has.

Edited by Taber

Well in the games he has played the whole game he has gone over 300 total yards 6 of the 9 games. He has gone over 330 total yards 4 times.

@DET, @JAC, IND, @WAS, NYG, @CHI, HOU, @DAL, @NYG.

Only the Jaguars, Colts and Giants have a winning record. Not exactly the best opponents.

Brady has 31TDs 4INT 109.9 passer rating in 14 games and has beaten some of the best teams in the league. Vick has been great this year but so has Brady for the team with the best record in a tougher AFC and has played 5 more games then Vick has.

I don't know if you are trying to downplay Vick's competition or something, but NE played the same teams bolded. NYG isn't a cakewalk either :lol:

I don't know if you are trying to downplay Vick's competition or something, but NE played the same teams bolded. NYG isn't a cakewalk either :lol:

Oops he lost to CHI, my bad should of noted that.

Yeah we played 3 of those teams they played. They only have 4 wins against teams with winning records. The Patriots have beaten 7 winning teams, PIT, IND, BAL, SD, NYJ, CHI, GB, I think thats quite a bit stronger opponents then the Eagles have faced. But you play the schedule you are given. I don't think its really an argument that the Patriots have played tougher teams and Brady has been on fire with a 12-2 record, leading the NFL.

@DET, @JAC, IND, @WAS, NYG, HOU, @DAL, @NYG.

I don't think I've ever seen an MVP argument based of the schedule each team played, you play the teams on your schedule, period the end.

Yeah, that's what he has going for him. Brady has the 12-2 record and beating what most would consider the elite teams in the NFL.

The last I saw, Brady had 21 TD's in his last nine games, no interceptions. For the season? He has 31 TD's, just 4 INT...leading in both categories.

Most TD's, least INT, highest QB rating, fourth highest completion percentage, leading the Patriots to a 12-2 record...he's easily the best QB in the NFL.

Being the best QB in the NFL...how does another QB (Vick) win the MVP award over him? Possibly because Vick is the best overall player?

So, yeah, I see where you're coming from, but it's just tough for me to say it's one or the other, hands down.

Brady has 31 TD's? Vick has 28 TD's in 3 less games.

Brady has been incredible this year, however we've never seen a player as dynamic as Vick who has got it done through the air and ground, when you consider he could be 4000+ yards passing 1000+ yards rushing had he played a full schedule I don't think you can even debate this really...it will be interesting to see how much the games Vick missed/didn't play will come into account.

I don't think I've ever seen an MVP argument based of the schedule each team played, you play the teams on your schedule, period the end.

Brady has 31 TD's? Vick has 28 TD's in 3 less games.

Brady has been incredible this year, however we've never seen a player as dynamic as Vick who has got it done through the air and ground, when you consider he could be 4000+ yards passing 1000+ yards rushing had he played a full schedule I don't think you can even debate this really...it will be interesting to see how much the games Vick missed/didn't play will come into account.

That's why Vick will probably win OPOTY, but not the MVP.

His accomplishments are great this season, but besides rushing yards, none of his statistics match up with Tom Brady. And, strength of schedule certainly plays a factor. If two players were pretty much identical in terms of performance(which is not the case here), then strength of schedule would certainly make voters think twice about who they vote for.

Pittsburgh- Check

Jets- Check

Ravens- Check

Chargers- Check

Colts- Check

Packers- Check

Bears- Check

Michael Vick has not faced that competition this season. He has a strong case for OPOTY, but he's in no way shape or form in the lead for MVP.

That's why Vick will probably win OPOTY, but not the MVP.

His accomplishments are great this season, but besides rushing yards, none of his statistics match up with Tom Brady. And, strength of schedule certainly plays a factor. If two players were pretty much identical in terms of performance(which is not the case here), then strength of schedule would certainly make voters think twice about who they vote for.

Pittsburgh- Check

Jets- Check

Ravens- Check

Chargers- Check

Colts- Check

Packers- Check

Bears- Check

Michael Vick has not faced that competition this season. He has a strong case for OPOTY, but he's in no way shape or form in the lead for MVP.

That isn't fair though, Vick wasn't given the chance to play those teams, you can't just give out an award based on that. It's like giving out an award because one guy played 4 games in snow and the other guy played 4 games in a dome, it's not Vick's fault he was given an easier schedule.

That isn't fair though, Vick wasn't given the chance to play those teams, you can't just give out an award based on that. It's like giving out an award because one guy played 4 games in snow and the other guy played 4 games in a dome, it's not Vick's fault he was given an easier schedule.

It's not Vick's fault he didn't play those teams, but Brady did, and completely shredded them. Kevin Kolb has also started games for the Eagles this season which hurts Vick's case.

I guess LeBron should have no fault at all that he couldn't win in Cleveland because he didin't have the opportunity to play with better players like Kobe.

I would just like to see your case for Vick.

Edited by EastCoastNiner