Stephen Curry opens up about life as a Warrior

NJNJ

SI.com: What lessons did you take from your first year in the NBA?

Curry: It takes a lot to win in the NBA. For me, I needed to figure out the pieces that a team needs to put together a winning roster. We didn't have it last year, but this summer we've definitely tried to make some moves to build a winning team. Now it's just a matter of getting some chemistry and trying to be consistent the whole season.

SI.com: What prevented that from happening last season?

Curry: It was injuries at the start. We also had a lot of turmoil last year, and that's tough to deal with coming right into training camp. But having to deal with that many injuries to key guys, playing with seven or eight in some games, it was tough. It can't get any worse than that.

SI.com: Don Nelson can be an interesting coach to play for. What was it like for you?

Curry: It was a tough year for him, having to deal with inconsistent lineups, not knowing who was going to be healthy day in and day out. He tried to mix and match the lineups to counter the other teams and use our strengths. But with him being so late in his career and near the end of his contract, there were a lot of distractions around him that you had to deal with from the media and the front office. You just have to stay focused on what's going on inside that locker room. He has a different approach to the game. And for me, he put me in position to be successful. He's definitely a players' coach and it was nice to see his wisdom come out throughout the course of the season.

Full interview: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/paul_forrester/08/20/stephen.curry.qa/index.html#ixzz0xLs8Oa7u