ESPN's Scout Report Rankings 2010

EastCoastNiner

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/scouting

You need ESPN insider to get the full break-down, so if anyone wants to know any particular players, I will post them for you.

The one thing I really don't like about some of the rankings is how a player like Peyton Manning is a "95" and Andre "Johnson is a "94". No way in hell should they only be separated by one point. I thought Manning would get a 99-100 rating, but to only separate those two players by one points is kind of absurd.

Can you pm the article to me ECN? I assume you have insider so that'd be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Doesn't seem like an article, just seems like a whole database of scouting reports. We should have a family OTR insider account, get like a bunch of people to chip in on out or something and let the whole forum know the user and password.

Can you pm the article to me ECN? I assume you have insider so that'd be extremely helpful. Thanks.

It's not actually an entire article, but rather a paragraph or two analysis on many players.

Try this link and see if it works, but I doubt it will because you have to be an insider, but it's the link I have from being an insider. My guess is it will ask you for a password or something.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/scouting?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2fscouting

If it doesn't work, just tell me which players you want to see and stuff and I can copy and paste them into this thread.

what is Rodgers

He is rated #51 overall in the NFL, and received a rating of "85" overall.

The analysis was:

" Rodgers has become one of the better quarterbacks in the league since securing the starting position two years ago. With the offensive line playing so poorly early in the 2009 season, Rodgers was able to maintain his poise and lead the Packers to the postseason with excellent performances down the stretch. He has good size and arm strength to make all the throws. Rodgers had an excellent touchdown-to-interception ratio and was able to put the Packers in position to win almost every game. He has good vision and the ability to read defenses. He can improvise when plays break down. He is effective in the pocket or off play-action. He doesn't have great speed, but can pull the ball down and move the chains with his legs. Rodgers has proven to be an excellent quarterback and has come out of the shadows left by Brett Favre."

I think the top ten they had sucked big time, especially not having any HB there, but Larry Fitzgerald makes it.

Romo?

Felix?

Miles?

Jenkins?

Newman?

Ratliff?

Tony Romo- 81 overall

Romo had his best statistical season in 2009. Despite his average size, Romo has been durable over his time as a starter since 2006. He is a smart, instinctive signal-caller who might be one of the best improvisers at his position. Romo is a solid athlete who can slide or scramble out of the pocket to find passing windows. He is a bit of a gunslinger, which is a big reason for his success, and has learned how to take care of the ball better in critical situation. Romo is now a seasoned veteran who has enough weapons around him to vie for the NFC title in 2010.

Felix Jones- 76 overall

Comment: Jones has been a backup during his two years in the league but is slated to take over the starting job in 2010. He has good size with excellent speed and deceptive strength. He is better on the edges but can be effective between the tackles. He has excellent foot agility as an inline runner and appears to have great vision. He has solid hands as a receiver out of the backfield and flashes run-after-catch speed to pick up chunks of yards. He has improved as a blocker but is best with the ball in his hands. Jones is a versatile player who is an effective kick returner but will likely see less time on special teams in 2010.

Miles Austin- 89 overall

Comment: Austin had a breakout season in 2009. He led the team in touchdowns with 11 and was second on the club in receptions with 81. Austin has a good combination of size, strength and athleticism. He has improved his overall route running with precision in and out of his stems. He can stretch zones with his straight-line speed and can be effective on the ball deep. He has become more physical as a route runner and can break tackles after the catch. Austin is a physical blocker on the perimeter and has become more consistent in this area over the past few seasons. He should continue to build on his strong 2009 season.

Mike Jenkins- 80 overall

Comment: Jenkins had a breakout year in 2009, securing 15 starts in the Dallas secondary. He has good size with excellent athleticism and deceptive strength. He has great foot quickness, speed and agility to be effective on an island. He improved his overall reactions in his second year and showed natural instincts to leverage receivers in both zone and man schemes. Jenkins became more physical rerouting receivers in press man coverage as well as in run support. Jenkins made marked improvement from his rookie season to his second year, and has the talent and size to be an excellent defender for many years.

Terrence Newman- 80

Comment: Newman had another solid season and was one of the most active defenders in the Cowboys' secondary in 2009. Newman has good size with excellent athleticism and deceptive strength. He is a tough, competitive player with good instincts, especially in the passing game. Newman is a fluid athlete with great hips to turn and run effectively in press man schemes. He's physical enough to reroute his opponent off the line of scrimmage. He reads route progressions well and is an excellent reactor to both run and pass. Newman had been a solid returner in past years but hasn't been utilized as much on special teams recently. He is a solid open-field tackler and is one of the more complete players on the Dallas defense.

Jay Ratliff- 87 overall

Comment: Ratliff continues to impress with his production. He is one of the most active interior defenders in the league, racking up 13.5 sacks over the past two seasons. Ratliff is a versatile player who has played both nose tackle and end in the Cowboys' 3-4 scheme. He is a bit undersized but has a good combination of strength and athleticism. Ratliff has deceptive power and can hold the point. He has expanded his pass-rush package with active hands, lateral quickness and interior counter moves. Ratliff made huge advances in his overall play over the past two seasons and should continue to an impact player for the Cowboys in 2010.

I don't get how Romo is an 81, yet Miles Austin is an 89. Romo is definitely too low, and Miles Austin is miles too high.....

Also, here is the key they use for their ratings:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/scouts/news/story?id=2996209

Steelers wise I like the rankings, Ike might be a little high but he is a very good corner with below average at best hands. Having Chris K lower than Williams Gay is a question to me.