Mafia II

MainEv3nt

I grabbed the demo of this when it came out but still haven't played it. Is it just like GTA because those games get real boring real quick.

Nah it's more plot oriented rather than just random free roaming. You are asked to do a lot of unconventional "jobs" assigned to you by either your friend Joe or random Mafia members. The only real free roaming stuff you can do is go to stores (and rob them if you wish, but it's risky), steal cars, repair/paint/edit cars, fight random people, and there's some other stuff lol but for the most part it's a task oriented movie type game.

So more Godfather-esque than GTA?

Yeah pretty much. I never played Godfather though lol but yeah Mafia is a task oriented game. You never really get a chance to free roam, it's just a free looking environment but you are told where to go.

I love these kind of games, I am pretty sure you can free roam though, just because you have tasks doesn't mean you can't go off the path and mess around. I could be wrong though.