Rubio on Minneapolis: "I think its a great city"

But the prospect of an N.B.A. lockout, which some have forecast as a strong possibility for 2011, could interfere. Why would Rubio leave when he can make a hefty salary in Europe?

In the N.B.A. in 2011, he would earn about $2 million, his slotted salary for his draft spot. If Rubio waited until 2012 or was forced to wait because of a lockout, he could earn considerably more.

For three years after a player is drafted, he is essentially locked into a salary slot. It is one reason many European players wait a few years before coming to the United States. That situation could change with a new collective bargaining agreement.

But for now, everyone will wait and see.

“Ricky will be very successful,” Kahn said. “No matter what he does in basketball. I just think in effect he’s been proving himself on someone else’s dime. That’s not such a bad thing.”

Rubio dismissed the notion that he did not want to play for Minnesota, one of the league’s smaller markets.

“Everyone is talking like Minneapolis is not a good city to live, but I think that it’s a great city to live,” he said. “O.K., the weather is not so good. But there’s a lot of things to do there, a lot of sports to watch and centers to go. I think it’s a great city.”

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/28/for-rubio-and-n-b-a-nothing-is-certain/?src=tptw

Once again Ricky opens his mouth about about the Wolves situation and its nothing but positive. However, the media continues to spin this notion of Rubio wanting to force his way out.

Edited by Dash

Brewer, Rubio, Love and fillers for Melo...

Melo will then kill Worlwide Wes and Leon Rose.

LMAO! That would be the worst trade in recent history considering Melo would be gone in 1 year.

How would Rubio know how good of a place Minneapolis is to live? Has he even been there? lol