Another Rate My Team

TheHutch

12 team league. Yahoo basic scoring (except we added .5 per reception). I had the 9th pick.

QB - Joe Flacco

WR - Anquan Boldin

WR - Pierre Garcon

RB - Frank Gore

RB - DeAngelo Williams

TE - Chris Cooley

WR/RB/TE - Mike Sims-Walker

K - Rob Bironas

DEF - Dallas

Bench

QB - Donovan McNabb

WR - Braylon Edwards

WR - Louis Murphy

RB - Marion Barber

RB - Justin Forsett

RB - Darren Sproles

TE - Jermaine Gresham

Not a bad draft. I was happy Gore fell to 9 (49ers have an easy division/schedule) and was happy to snatch DeAngelo when it came back around. Garcon and Sims-Walker and my question marks, but I think both will have solid years. Cooley is a decent TE and having McNabb who loves to pass to the TE really helps. And I like my Flacco-Boldin connection.

I would say 7.5/10 or 8/10.

Rating? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks fellas. It was an offline draft with my friends and let's just say some of them weren't in the best shape when we drafted. :lol:

How the draft went:

Round 1

1 - Jones-Drew (yes, really)

2 - Peterson

3 - Aaron Rodgers

4 - Chris Johnson

5 - Turner

6 - Brees

7 - Andre Johnson

8 - Ray Rice

9 - Gore

10 - Manning

11 - Brady

12 - Steven Jackson

Round 2

13 - Matt Schuab (again yes, really)

14 - Shonn Greene

15 - Ryan Grant

16 - DeAngelo Williams

Schaub at 13 is a great pick... yards leader who was 5th in TDs. He was only outscored last year by Manning, Favre, and Brees, and Favre is going to be hurt with no Rice for at least half the season.

I'd be more shocked over Rodgers at 3 than MJD at 1 or Schaub at 13, to be perfectly honest.

Another team I just drafted. Only 8 teams, so the teams will be a little better than normal. I had 6th pick.

QB - Tony Romo

WR - Steve Smith (CAR)

WR - Wes Welker

WR - Mike Sims-Walker

RB - Frank Gore

RB - DeAngelo Williams

TE - Jermichael Finley

RB/WR/TE - Steven Jackson

K - Rob Bironas

DEF - Dallas

Bench

QB - Joe Flacco

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Johnny Knox

RB - Knowshon Moreno

RB - Ricky Williams

RB - Justin Forsett

TE - Kellen Winslow

DEF - Miami

Drafted a lot of players from my team earlier, as you can tell. :lol:

Yeah it's PPR. But yeah the WR's went like crazy. They had to for SJax to fall that far into the 3rd round, haha. Then I snatched up Romo in the 4th, and had to wait for it to come all the way back around to start getting WR. Think I have a solid team though.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this because I need some trade advice. This deal has to do with the 1st team I drafted (first post in this page), but I have made a few additions and just made a trade (I traded Boldin and Barber for Steven Jackson and Michael Crabtree...rape, I know). But this is my team now:

(12 teams)

QB - Michael Vick

WR - Mike Sims-Walker

WR - Michael Crabtree

RB - Frank Gore

RB - DeAngelo Williams

TE - Chris Cooley

WR/RB/TE - Steven Jackson

K - Rob Bironas

DEF - San Francisco

Bench

QB - Donovan McNabb

QB - Joe Flacco

WR - Pierre Garcon

WR - Mark Clayton

RB - Justin Forsett

Obviously my WR's are weak and I have too many QB's. Someone just offered me Steve Smith (CAR) for Donovan McNabb. Should I do that? Smith will now be catching passes from a rookie QB in Clausen, so that scares me a little bit, but I could really use Smith. Or should I stay with my team now, wait till after this week when Vick has another big game (he will against Jacksonville), and try to trade him next week while his stock is really high (people will offer a lot for Vick) and keep McNabb/Flacco. Advice is appreciated. :dribble:

Well the dude decided to hold off (because I played him this week and he didn't want Steve Smith to give me points, which came back to bite him since Steve Smith sucked, haha), so now I have a few new offers on the table.

Joe Flacco for Percy Harvin

Joe Flacco for Jeremy Maclin

or the original

Donovan McNabb for Steve Smith (CAR)

Which one should I do? Harvin is the #1 right now until Rice comes back. Maclin has been on fire since Vick has started playing, and since I have Vick, that would be double points when they do hook up. And if today is any indiciation of how Smith is going to play with Clausen as QB, that scares me, a lot. (Even though it was against Cincinnati who has a very good defense/secondary.)

Helppppppppp. :rock:

EDIT - The guy wanting Flacco has both Harvin and Maclin, and says he would much rather trade Harvin. So if I can't get Maclin, should I do Harvin or Smith? Or try to talk him into trading Maclin?

Edited by TheHutch