Boston at New York

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
NEW YORK (AP) Paul Pierce made the tiebreaking jumper with eight seconds left, and the Boston Celtics beat the New York Knicks 104-101 on Wednesday night.

The Celtics overcame a big first home game at Madison Square Garden for Amare Stoudemire, who scored 30 points in three quarters. But he was on the bench along with the rest of the Knicks starters down the stretch, when the Celtics pulled it out.

Down eight midway through the fourth, the Celtics rallied to tie it at 101 on two free throws by former Knicks guard Nate Robinson with 1:09 left. The teams turned it over on the next three possessions before Pierce's jumper.

Rookie Andy Rautins had a 3-pointer partially blocked after mishandling the inbounds pass on New York's next possession, and Pierce closed it out with a free throw.

http://www.nba.com/games/20101013/BOSNYK/gameinfo.html

I didn't watch the game, but I was following on ESPN on my phone on the drive home to Philly... I swear in the 2nd half on three or four straight possessions Harangody pulled an offensive rebound that allowed the Celtics 2nd chance points... can't happen. Going to be in some trouble if someone doesn't decide to rebound the basketball.