New York at Toronto

Real Deal

Our rebounding is REALLY bad. They need to figure something out. The Raptors are getting like 3 tries per offensive set.

Yeah it's def exposed by a great rebounder like Reggie Evans (no sarcasm Evans is a legit good rebounder) I wouldn't mind having Evans as a Knicks he would be a good role player to have a sub, we could use more big man depth. Hopefully if we continue to suck at rebounding we can get a player like Evans down the line.

Edited by STATCity

Amir Johnson may not be the most skilled player, and his contract is hardly ideal, but I absolutely love what he brings to the table. You've gotta love a big man blocking a shot at one end and beating everybody else down the floor for a layup.

One thing that I really love about him is his soft hands and touch around the rim.

If only he could stay out of foul trouble and not commit stupid fouls like that last one against Amare. You just can't throw away fouls like that, especially to Amare 18 feet from the hoop.

Amir Johnson has 3 fouls in 7 minutes. :lol:

There is no way that he will ever be able to be a starter on this team if he continues to commit all of these stupid fouls.

Evans is killing the Knicks on the glass. I think he already has 8 rebounds in about 8-10 minutes. I'm still waiting for him to grab Amare's gonads, though.

Kleiza has looked pretty poor so far tonight. He is really forcing his game.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Knicks starting to lose momentum. Time for raymond and Amare to run some pick and rolls...

and STAT I did see that. Pretty sick if he went through..

BFT he is killing the glass, but thats not saying much against the Knicks frontline...

Edited by Jonah

Knicks starting to lose momentum. Time for raymond and Amare to run some pick and rolls...

and STAT I did see that. Pretty sick if he went through..

BFT he is killing the glass, but thats not saying much against the Knicks frontline...

Well, some of you Knick fans in here were commenting about how good the Knick point guards have been playing or how good they were shooting from deep, which doesn't mean much considering it is against Toronto. I figured I'd make my own version of that post, haha.

That would've been a SICK slam by DeRozan. He got up so high there.

What happened on the weakside between Kleiza and Fields there? All I saw was DeRozan get fouled and then Fields suddenly hit the deck hard.

PS: Did I mention that I love the way Evans is playing?

PPS: Not sure if I mentioned this before, but:

Jarrett Jack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jose Calderon

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Landry is back in so hopefully he is okay. That look like it hurt A LOT.

It will be interesting to see how Amare does in these situations. When the Knicks and the opponent are close. This is where we need the superstar to step up!

I think that might've been the best half I've ever seen Bargnani play. He was playing very well offensively with his 18 points, but what I liked the most was he was playing inside/out instead of his usual stay on the perimeter approach. The Knicks were using smaller players like Chandler to guard him most of the time and, for the most part, he did a nice job of taking him into the post.

What I liked the most was his defense on Stoudemire, though. He blocked/altered a couple of his shots, drew a charge and didn't really give him many easy looks.

Hell, even the 4 rebounds is an improvement from normal. :lol:

The Raptors are lucky that the Knicks stopped playing aggressively and were just content to chuck up jumpers after getting that big lead midway through the second. The Raptors defense did pick it up a bit, but the Knicks shot themselves in the foot by jacking up jumpers.

Toronto really needs to push the pace to get anything offensively. They are a good team in the open floor with guys like DeRozan, Jack, Weems, Johnson, Barbosa etc... but they really struggle getting much offense in a half court set.

Raptors need to go to Bargnani more. They've completely ignored him in the 2nd half after he got off to such a great start. It makes even more sense to go to him since the Knicks have been going small for the majority of the 2nd half. The Knicks have done a great job of exploiting the mismatches that Chandler had, but the Raptors completely ignored the mismatch that they had offensively.