Toronto at Sacramento

Real Deal

The Raptors are going to win few close games this season and it is because of rebounding. The only player on the team who is able to get any of the tough rebounds in traffic is Reggie Evans, but the problem with having him on the floor in a close game is that you are playing 4 on 5 offensively. If the Raptors had a legitimate creator they could sacrifice offense for rebounding by having Evans on the floor in late clock situations, but they can't afford to leave him on the floor with the lack of creativity. DeRozan is starting to show some of these abilities, but he doesn't have a good enough handle and isn't mature enough to react to double teams or the help rotating over.

I'm kind of disappointed that the Raptors blew this game, but it wasn't unexpected as I mentioned. When I saw how well the Raptors played in the first half, only to be up by 11, I could just tell that this was going to be one of those games that they would find a way to lose down the stretch. There are going to be a lot of games like this one this year, but it really is kind of frusturating that the Raptors could easily be 3-0 right now instead of 1-2. Hell, I'd even go as far to say that they should be 3-0 right now. Oh well.

Casspi was huge in the 4th hitting dagger shot after dagger shot. He was absolutely lights out in the 4th and hit some huge threes at absolutely critical times in the game. Cousins was throwing Bargnani around like a rag doll down low and you could tell when Evans wasn't in the game. He was man handling Bargs, but was getting abused by Evans. It really is too bad that the Raptors couldn't morph Bargnani and Evans into one player.

As much as I like Weems, he really needs to see his minutes cut down a bit. He has been awful this season, with the exception of the 2nd half against the Cavs when he was ok, and is just chucking way too much. With how well DeRozan has been playing to start the year, I think he should be getting some more of Weems' minutes.

Here is an interesting stat. In the last two games, Reggie Evans has pulled down 34 rebounds. Andrea Bargnani has pulled down 3. :lol:

Haha dude, you're going to have to just quit your job, so you can watch all of these games when we do. :lol:

Trust me, I've thought about it, especially now that the free League Pass is over.

EDIT: One thing that I feel worth mentioning is that this game could've gone in a completely different direction if a couple of questionable calls went the other way. For instance, the continuation that they gave Carl Landry midway through the 4th was very questionable. What got me the most was Landry's foul on DeRozan with about 2 minutes left in the game. How that wasn't a flagrant foul was beyond me considering he didn't really make a play for the ball (fouled him at the waist while the ball was at his shoulders at least) and yanked him down by his jersey (which should be an automatic flagrant). If they call a flagrant there, like they should, this game could've changed completely.

Not to make any excuses because like I said above, the Raptors were simply out worked and out hustled down the stretch and that was the difference in the game. I just thought that there was some questionable calls in that 4th quarter and most of them seemed to go against Toronto.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

What did you think of Kleiza's decision to drive to the rim on that last attempt, instead of kick it out for the three? I didn't think there was enough time for another round of fouling, and plus, when a team gives you the chance to tie a game with a three (instead of fouling you and forcing just two free throws), you take it.

What did you think of Kleiza's decision to drive to the rim on that last attempt, instead of kick it out for the three? I didn't think there was enough time for another round of fouling, and plus, when a team gives you the chance to tie a game with a three (instead of fouling you and forcing just two free throws), you take it.

Pretty poor decision. I don't remember how much time was left, but in that situation you have to take the three, especially considering that would be the only opportunity that you would get to take a three. If I recall correctly, the Raptors didn't have any more timeouts so even if they did get a quick two, foul the Kings they still would've had to advance the ball from the backcourt in a very small amount of time.

Again, this Raptors team is going to make a lot of mistakes at the end of close games. Like I said above, they don't have a go to scorer in short clock scenarios but then when you add in a young and inexperienced team with a questionable coach, there are going to be some poor decisions made at the end of games.