Houston at Indiana

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

I'll be at this game! Can't wait to see our young team play for the first time in person tonight. I'm expecting there to be a very good crowd yet again, and an electric atmosphere especially after the fans responding to that 144-point game.

htown11, you up for an avatar bet? Lol. I'll wear a Rockets avy of your choice for a week if the Pacers lose, and you'll wear a Pacers avy of my choice for a week if the Pacers win? Sound good to you?

^ I'm down for that bet. The Rockets have sucked but I won't give up on them lol.

I won't be able to watch the game live gotta do a event story on the UH basketball team opening up the season tonight, so I will be at that game but I am gonna DVR it, I hope we get to that big milestone..... 2 .... wins.

YES! lol Look at all the emotion our team showed when the game was blown.

We showed moment of greatness and then turned around and showed moments of stupidity. If we can limit dumbass plays like Brad Miller throwing the ball off his knee out of bounds, Lowery desperation step back air ball three pointers, and long distance contested threes by Martin we will pull close games out, I don't know how we managed to pull this game out but we did and that's all that matters.

Second win or the year, hopefully we can build off of this momentum.

Gritty win down the stretch, damn that game got ugly fast. McRoberts is dirty lol and Lowry over embellishes so well he gets under your skin.

What a great game from Lowry and Miller. Lowry is back he was everywhere tonight, every single play he was helping out. Brad Miller kicking it old school making it rain from all over the place and even pulled down 8 rebounds. As great as Hibbert looks this season, Miller was beating him off the dribble and forcing guys to come out to three point line.

The whole high post deal with Miller looks amazing when it works, it just hadn't worked this well all season.

Solid contributions from Lee and Budinger, I feel bad for Bud he looked like he was getting back into a groove and we now we add him to the laundry list of injuries the Rockets already have,

Also love this about Jordan Hill, the guy is athletic as hell for his size.

Here is the latest update on Chase:

Chase Budinger had to be carried off the court on Friday night after suffering a left ankle injury. X-rays were negative after he came down on another player's foot and he'll be listed as day-to-day.

ROTOWORLD.com

Edited by ChosenOne

Coach O'Brian is bad at substitution management.

No joke. It gets really annoying to see him pull a guy who is shooting the ball well. The way I've always been taught, is if a guy is shooting great, you don't take him out of the game no matter what. Another thing I really don't understand, is why do we play those guys like T.J. Ford and Solomon Jones so much? I understand that Ford can help your team, but I don't care what anyone says, Collison being on the floor gives us the best chance to win. As for Solomon Jones, that dude shouldn't even be on an NBA roster.

Clutch 3 by Kevin Martin, lets do this Rockets.

What I hated about that play was that we all just stood there and watched him shoot the three. Not only is he a good shooter, but he's freaking shooting nearly 40% from behind the three-point line if I'm not mistaken? Why just stand there and watch? At least run at him and try to distract him. Definitely disappointing defense down the stretch.

What a horrible possession by the Pacers. Danny Granger should not be passing up the game tying shot, especially to someone like Darren Collison who is horrible from deep.

I wasn't too terribly upset about that. Granger was covered, and Collison actually got a very good look at the three. Collison a horrible shooter from deep? Really? The kid is 7-16 from downtown this season, which brings his percentage up to .405% which is impressive. Last season he hit 46-115 which is 40% as well. He's a good three point shooter, and that's why I didn't mind the game-tying look we got, we just didn't hit it.

There were some bright spots to the game, but overall I was disappointed. Usually, we play a lot more aggressively down the stretch, and I have no doubt that if we were hustling and playing defense like we have in every game so far except at Philly, then we would have won this game. Brad MIller went off, and I can almost promise you that will never happen again this season. It was disappointing to see him kill us. And then just like I was assuming would happen, we still don't understand how to guard Kevin Martin.

All I'm going to say is that we better pick up the intensity tonight against the Cleveland Cavaliers if we want to get back to .500. Very disappointing game. Some players I do want to mention from this game are Mike Dunleavy, Roy Hibbert, and James freaking Posey. Mike had another good game, scoring 15 points, to go along with 4 rebound and 6 assists. He looks like he's found his legs back, and he's finally shooting the ball well again. The sad thing is that we lost by three, and Dunleavy missed a free throw, and Ford missed two of them. We make our free throws it's headed to overtime. As for Roy HIbbert, he put up 18 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. He's really becoming a force to be reckoned with in the post, and it's great to see a center in Indiana transforming into a dominant center right before our eyes. And finally, James Posey came off the bench to score a Pacers game high, 19 points. He was 7-12 from the floor, and 5-8 from downtown. He's been a great addition to this Indiana Pacer team because of his determination on defense, veteran leadership, and ability to shoot the three which he showcased last night against Houston.

Overall there were a few bright spots, but we need to play harder and smarter starting now. We have the talent to make a run at the Playoffs this year, but are we going to use it? And can we please get rid of Jim O'Brien, the dude is definitely not making it any easier for us to win games. Also htown11, hit me up about the avatar bet.