Toronto at Orlando

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Sonny Weems, baby!

And, wow...don't even start with Calderon's defensive stand at the end, because that dude had that steal gift-wrapped to him. :lol:

Solid game by Bargs and DeRozan. I can't believe I saw Bargnani playing in the post a few times.

On my lunch break I checked the sore and noticed that they won by 4, only to realize that I can watch a replay of the game at 11 (so right now). Kind of upset that I didn't think to check if there was a replay on before I checked the box score. :lol:

Bargnani with a huge first half lol, I don't think anyone saw that coming. I can't see Bargnani sustaining that though, should be a much different game in the second half.

Not really. He almost always plays great in the first half of games and then disapearing in the 2nd half of the game. If I had to guess, I'd say about 80% of his scoring average comes in the first half of games. It really is frustrating seeing him hit everything in the first half and then completely disappear in the 2nd half of games.

By far the best game that the Raptors have played this season. Even if they would've lost that game I still would've been thrilled and it would have nothing to do with the fact that they would be one step closer to the worst record in the league, haha. They executed offensively down the stretch, which is something that they have not done so far this season as they've found every possible way to lose these close games.

Say what you want about the talent level of this team being terrible, you can't deny that they play hard every night. It is very refreshing to see considering the teams that Raptor fans have had to endure over the past few seasons.

DeRozan had his best game of his career tonight as well. As much as I liked that final game of the season against the Knicks last season or that 24 point performance against Sacramento, this game was on a different level for the simple fact that he was going up against one of the best defenses in the league and didn't back down at all. He was aggressive all night long, wasn't scared to attack the paint even though he knew Howard would be waiting for him. The entire key to his game tonight was hitting a couple of jumpers early that forced Orlando to cover him. It opened up his entire game.

What I loved the most from him tonight was his rebounding and the way that he stepped up in the 2nd half. He has the tools to become a solid rebounder from the two guard spot, certainly more than the 3 he was averaging prior to the game, and he showed them tonight. He got some very tough rebounds in traffic. I also liked the way that he took charge in the 2nd. Bargnani carried the team in the 1st half, but it was DeRozan leading the way in the 2nd half. I won't go as far as to say that he put them on his back, but he certainly took charge. Loved his game. It really is amazing what a defined role can do to a players game.

I also thought that Sonny played very well too. He has really stepped his game up since the coaching staff called him out on his shot selection and trying to do too much. He has started playing like he did last season and it is paying off big time. He certainly looked better than Kleiza tonight and if he continues to play like he has over the past few games, I definitely think an increase in minutes is due for him.

SVG made some very questionable coaching moves in this game, though. I don't understand what he was thinking putting Howard on Weems on that final possession, especially considering the Raptors had Julian Wright in the game who isn't a threat with his jumper. I also don't like him putting Carter on Jack and Nelson on Calderon. I think it should've been the other way around, but that wasn't as bad as the decision to put Howard on Weems. That was baffling. I also don't get why Dwight was the focal point down the stretch considering his complete inability to knock down shots from the line. I know he is the best player, but you can't afford to run your offense through him when he is shooting 30% from the foul line all game long.

I don't say this often, but Triano definitely outcoached SVG tonight. I love it too, because I can't stand SVG.

Great game. I'm definitely glad that I stayed up to watch it, even if I knew the outcome already.

Edited by Built Ford Tough