Boston at Toronto

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

If Barbosa isn't in the lineup for this game, say hello to the Raptors backup point guard:

http://www.nbadraft.net/files/players/sonny-weems-hd_0.jpg

Maybe they could sign Alvin Williams to a 10 day contract? He could still play better defense than Calderon can, haha.

Seriously though, this game is going to be an absolute massacare. The Raptors don't have a backup point guard (even with Barbosa in the lineup, how effective will he even be?), their big man rotation consists of Bargnani/Johnson/Evans/Dorsey and they will have about 9-10 players dressed.

I love it! :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Hope to see Bayless and Peja play their first game in a Raptors uniform. Man this game is really going to be exciting! I'd love to see the Raps win it against the Celtics and the Celtics being on a losing streak! LET'S GO RAPTORS

Bayless and Peja are not playing in this game. Their first game is going to be Wednesday against the 76ers.

Raptors offense looks surprisingly good with Barbosa running the point. He has never been a point guard, I think that is obvious, but the ball movement has been impressive so far here in the 2nd.

I love how Barbosa is pushing the ball at every opportunity. I think the Raptors have run more in the first 3:30 secnds of this half than they have in every game that I've watched this season. This really benefits Sonny Weems as he is phenomenal in transition. By far the best Raptor in the open floor.

Bargnani is making Garnett his [expletive] right now. Hitting threes over him, driving on him, forcing a travel defensively and, best of all, talking some smack to him after every possession. I love it.

Wow, Reggie Evans with a nasty move for the And 1. I didn't think Reggie had the foot work to pull something like that off. I'm shocked at what I just saw. :lol:

The game is not even on ABC or CBC FAK! Nate Robinson is lighting it up with 18 points at the end of the first half. Bargnani with also 18 points

Why on earth would a Raptor game be on national TV? They were never on it with Bosh on the roster and they sure as hell won't be when 90% of casual fans could name one, maybe two players on this roster.

Also, CBC doesn't cover Raptor games anymore.

Robinson isn't really lighting the Raptors up, either. He got off to a fantastic start, but he has only scored about 2 points since about 2-3 minutes left in the first quarter.

And I loved Bargnani's half time interview. Just comes otu and bluntly states that the celtics are a "much better team than us" and says that it is obvious. :lol:

Why on earth would a Raptor game be on national TV? They were never on it with Bosh on the roster and they sure as hell won't be when 90% of casual fans could name one, maybe two players on this roster.

Also, CBC doesn't cover Raptor games anymore.

Robinson isn't really lighting the Raptors up, either. He got off to a fantastic start, but he has only scored about 2 points since about 2-3 minutes left in the first quarter.

And I loved Bargnani's half time interview. Just comes otu and bluntly states that the celtics are a "much better team than us" and says that it is obvious. :lol:

Last year, there used to be Raptors games or games like lakers Vs Celtics on ABC and CBC when it was at 1 or 12. I'm sure I'm not mistaking because I used to go at the restaurant with my friends and watch these games on ABC or CBC before bouncing to the gym

Last year, there used to be Raptors games or games like lakers Vs Celtics on ABC and CBC when it was at 1 or 12. I'm sure I'm not mistaking because I used to go at the restaurant with my friends and watch these games on ABC or CBC before bouncing to the gym

Yeah, exactly. Lakers vs. Celtics.

Kind of a much bigger deal than the Raptors vs. Celtics, don't you think?

CBC did cover Raptor games last season, but they don't anymore. Sportsnet got the rights from CBC and The Score to cover Raptor games this season so the only two networks covering the Raptors this year are TSN and Sportsnet.

Raptors don't have an answer for the Celtics defense right now. Their offense has been ugly to start this half. Luckily for them, they have played solid defense to start the half.

That is [expletive]ing retarded.

The refs screw up, Jose reacts, he gets a technical foul and then the refs turn around and change the call because they realize that they screwed up?

This league is becoming an absolute joke. :lol:

This is where Evans being a complete liability on the offensive end hurts the Raptors. As much as I love the rebounding and hustle that he brings to the table, his complete lack of production offensively is a huge issue when playing against a team who is as good defensively as the Raptors. With how good the Celtics help defense is, it feels like you are playing against an extra defender even when you have 5 capable offensive players on the floor. Add in a complete non-factor and it feels like they have 7 or 8 guys out there defensively.

PS: How awesome was Amir Johnson throwing an elbow at Garnett's throat, and Garnett getting called for the foul? Garnett lookd like he was going to murder somebody, especially when Johnson threw a little smirk his way.

Did anybody see that ridiculous flop by Delonte West? He was on the ground before Amir even made contact with him. :lol:

Speaking of Johnson, what is going on with his free throw shooting? He is shooting something like 93% from the line for the season and I thik has only missed 2 or 3 this season. He got off to a really slow start this year, but I've been very impressed with what I've seen from him lately. He has played great ball.