Philadelphia at Toronto

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Even though I'm expecting a win tonight, which is disappointing after watching Kyrie Irving last night, I'm looking forward to this game simply to see Bayless play. I couldn't care less about Stojakovic, other than seeing him hit a few threes to move into 3rd all time, but I definitely want to see how Bayless looks. I'm not expecting much from him tonight, though.

Bargnani could easily drop 30 tonight if he is on his game considering Hawes is a complete scrub. If he plays like he did on Sunday against Boston, I could see a new career high for him tonight.

Philly is so bad. They have more talent on their roster than the Raptors do, at least in my opinion, with guys like Iguodala, Williams, Holiday, Turner and Young but none of them seem to be able to play together at all. Nobody shows any sort of emotion and everybody looks like they would rather be somewhere else than on the court right now.

Changes definitely need to be made with this team.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Bayless is wearing number 5 instead of 4 like he usually wears. His choice?

I was curious to see what number he would be wearing.

EDIT: Wow, that might've been the easiest steal I've ever seen. The Sixer player (didn't see who) basically handed the ball off to Weems. That was pathetic. :lol:

Raptors are running the Sixers into the ground right now. This team is so much more effecitve when they push the ball and get into the open floor.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Good god, I'm glad I'm not a Philly fan. I feel sorry for Phightins, Smitty, HG etc...

This team is pathetic. They don't even try to play defense, chuck up jumper after jumper on offense and look completely disinterested in the game. At least when Toronto has lost this season, they have gone down swinging.

When Bargnani is on his game, he is so much fun to watch. A guy his size who can do the things that he does is simply a joy to watch. A guy his size shouldn't be able to do things like that dribble move, step back fadeaway he put on Battie or curling of fof a screen and hitting a 25 footer all in one, fluid motion.

51 points with 5:30 still left in the 2nd quarter. Jesus, Philly has looked completely lifeless tonight (some of which can be attributed to the OT game last night, back to back etc...)

Wow, did I really just see that? Louis Williams airballs a wide open three, Thaddeus Young gets the rebound and proceeds to miss a wde open layup. You know it is bad when Doug Collins can't do anything but laugh at the ineptitude of his own team. Probably wishing he decided to stay behind the broadcast booth.

Well I can say I am a fan of Bayless' just because of that interview. I love it when guys appreciate coming here and are happy to be here. Despite how mediocre our young nucleus is, I am just very happy they all want to be here, something you couldn't necessarily say in the past.

Reggie Evans sets a new Raptor record for rebounds in a half with 15. One more than Jerome Williams' previous mark of 14.

Peja certainly wasn't shy. 7 points in 3 minutes to end the half, took his first shat 14 seconds after entering the game and took about 4 shots in those 3 minutes. His stroke is a thing of beauty, though, even with it deteriorating a bit due to age.

Bayless was better than I expected. I thought he would come out and press way too much to try and make an impact right away, but he came in and played under control. Hit a couple of threes, threw a couple of nice passes that resulted in assists and didn't force anything other than that one fast break layup, which Johnson tipped in.

Barbosa was slicing through the Sixers defense like nothing. He was absolutely blowing by whoever the Sixers put on him and was getting into the paint at will.

DeRozan and Weems have both been invisible so far. I haven't noticed either one of them very much tonight outside of a couple of a floater from each of them early on in the game. Hopefully at least one of them plays better in the 2nd half.

Man I'm loving the first half for my Toronto Raptors. First of all, our 2 new players are playing extremely well! Bayless got 6 points and 2 assists in 8 minutes and Peja got 7 points in 3 minutes. Bargnani is always looking great and continuing it with already 15 points and 3 rebounds. Reggie got a franchise high of 15 rebounds in the first half! Calderon is also having a good game with 9 points and 5 assists. Man, I hope we don't give up and just continue to play that well. We really look energetic and young right now. Hope to see Bayless a little bit more in the second half. Let's go Raptors

I think Evans has scored more points in the last two games than he did the previous eleven or twelve. He has 20 points (11 tonight) in the past two games.

And now he turns the ball over thinking he is Shaq or something. Just stick to rebounding the ball and stop trying to create anything offensively. This is almost why I prefer that he doesn't score because he doesn't get it in his head that he can give you something on that end of the floor other than offensive rebounding.

Wow, did I really just see that? Louis Williams airballs a wide open three, Thaddeus Young gets the rebound and proceeds to miss a wde open layup. You know it is bad when Doug Collins can't do anything but laugh at the ineptitude of his own team. Probably wishing he decided to stay behind the broadcast booth.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post. Internet has been messing up as of late.

That's what happens with a team that was mostly put together by Ed Stefanski. It's the road to Harrison Barnes at this point.

Bargnani doing his usual second half disappearing act. Can he ever put together a full 48 minutes of basketball? It is actually kind of scary to think of the kind of offensive numbers he could put up if he ever put together a full 48 minutes considering he almost always has 16+ points after the first half.

Easy win for the Toronto Raptors :D winning it by 16. Thanks to all the team for playing really well tonight. Reggie Evans was the player of the game with 12 points and TWENTY TWO rebounds (Franchise record after Dornnyel Marchall who had 24 rebounds in 2004). Good to see him fighting against his old team and having such a great performance. Bargnani also had a good game being the leading scorer and having a game high of 24 points for the Toronto Raptors. Good to see Bayless having some quality minutes off the bench and performing really well in his first game with the Toronto Raptors! 13 points in 14 minutes. Raptors building a winning streak! here they come ;)

This games are so bittersweet. I love seeing guys like Bargnani flourishing, a strong debut from Bayless, Evans hauling down 22 boards and the team playing very well defensively, but I know that a top draft pick would go such a long way towards this team becoming a contender.

I know that I should just sit back and enjoy the fact that my favourite team is on a 4 game winning streak, are only 2 games under .500 and a half game out of a playoff spot, but I want Kyrie Irving on this team so bad. :(