New York at Toronto

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

If the Raptors play as well a they did on Friday against the Thunder, this should be one hell of a game considering how well the Knicks have been playing lately.

It is going to be interesting to see if Amir can stay out of foul trouble going up against Amare. He has done a decent job of staying on the floor as of late, but this will definitely be a test for him. Hopefully he is able to stay on the floor because he has been playing really well as of late.

Should be a fun game regardless, though. I always enjoy watching Raptors/Knicks games and the game threads are always some of the better ones. Hopefully this one is half as good as the thread for the first game of the season between these two.

Raptors putting up brick after brick to start the game. When Sonny Weems is missing dunks and airballing shots from right under the rim, you know it is going to be a long day.

Just a terrible start to this game both offensively and defensively for Toronto. Give credit to the Knicks, though. They have played really well offensively, particularly their ball movement.

I'm actually pretty excited to see Davis when heis at 100%. He is really quick off of the floor despite not being in game shape. He has definitely played a lot better than I thought he would coming back from injury. I guess I was wrong about thinking he needed another 2 games in the D-League.

Bayless has played well tonight as well. Two threes so far and he has made some nice passes like that lob to Bargnani. He has also impressed me a lot more than I thought he would.

Did I just see Davis airball a free throw a couple minutes ago? Nice!

Also, Bayless has been far away the best Raptor so far tonight. He has been active on defense which has resulted in some turonvers, hitting jumpers on offense and doing a good job of getting in the open floor.

Raptors are struggling mightily from the line, though. 6/16 is just terrible, especially considering this is a good team from the stripe.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Terrible decision by Sonny Weems there. Just come down with the ball because there was clearly no chance that he would be able to finish that lob from Calderon. It was a bad decision from Calderon to throw the lob in the first place, but Weems just made it worse.

The Knicks have really taken advantage of the Raptors mistakes in this game. Every time it seems to get close, the Raptors make a boneheaded play and the Knicks get out and score immediately, thus killing the momentum. They have done a great job of putting a halt to all of the rns that the Raptors have gone on so far.

Lol at Stoudemire there. Throws down a wide open dunk, hangs on the rim for a couple of seconds and then stands under the hoop flexing and mean mugging for about 5 seconds. That was awesome. :lol:

Weems has been awful today. He isn't hitting anything on offense, killing the ball movement and committing way too many turnovers.

Once again, though, gotta give credit to the Knicks for coming out in the 4th and killing all of the momentum that the Raptors built at the end of the 3rd. Every time the Raptors go on a run and look like they are knocking on the door, the Knicks go on a run of their own. That has been the story of the game.

Amir is having a monster game 22 points and 16 rebounds Reggie who?

Too bad Bayless was the only other Raptor that decided to show up. Bargnani was awful, Calderon was playing like the Calderon from last year, Kleiza and Weems were complete liabilites, Barbosa was putting up brick after brick and DeRozan, the only wing player who was actually aggressive, got benched in the 4th quarter and only came into the game when it was already over.

Oh well, good for the tank. :)

These Sunday morning games are brutal, though. You would think that the Raptors would be used to them considering they have at least 2 of them a month, sometimes even 3 or 4, but they always play like crap in them.

EDIT: So Calderon put up 13/6 on 5-8 shooting. Really? This is a classic example of the numbers not telling the whole story because I thought he was awful today but if you look at the numbers, he looks like he had a solid game.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

The biggest change in this Knicks team is the overall chemistry. The chemistry has much improved and it shows when you’re able to win 7 straight games on the road.

I agree, the chemistry is great... and like whoever said earlier in the thread, everyone seems to understand and embrace their role on the court.

NYK baby!

Shawne Williams impressing off the bench again... 5/6 from the field, 4/4 from 3, 14 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal. STAT with 31 and 16. Chandler continues to score. Nice game!

Memphis :glasses:

and no Swish, I'm still alive :)

Nice win baby! 12-9 this is awesome