New Orleans at Dallas

Real Deal

• 7 months later...
  • Owner

I have no idea why the Hornets would want to win this game. If they do, it's an automatic bid against the Lakers, no matter what else happens. Dallas losing means LA gets the 2nd seed, and a Hornets win means they lock up 7th.

Does Dallas really want Denver in the first round? If they snag the 2nd seed (by winning, and us losing), they could be playing the Hornets or Grizz in the first round. It means they will avoid the Blazers (who are locked into 6th) and avoid Denver (who are locked in as 5th).

My prediction: Mavericks 140, Hornets 20.

Interesting game. Hornets try to tank so they could have a shot at 8 seed. Mavericks might tank to avoid us in Round 2. Who can tank harder? :lol:

Hornets might tank, but I don't know why the Mavs would tank. If they lose and OKC win, they face a young, rejuvenated Nuggets team. If they lose and OKC lose, they face a dangerous Portland team. If they win, at least they would have a higher chance of getting past the first round if they face the Hornets or the Grizzlies.

Man I would love to see the Hornets win this game!

LAL would get a bye in the first round, but that would mean OKC would move out of the Spurs bracket and we could potentially see a OKC vs Lakers semi!!!!! Wow that would be awesome.

Man I would love to see the Hornets win this game!

LAL would get a bye in the first round, but that would mean OKC would move out of the Spurs bracket and we could potentially see a OKC vs Lakers semi!!!!! Wow that would be awesome.

Basically the two teams that can cause mismatches with the Spurs will fight to the death while the Spurs avoid one of them for another round.

That matchup would be amazing though.